• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dear Mutoh

MachServTech

I dont have or service Mutohs any more, but when I did, I could always count on the Mutoh Service department to come through! Chuck Holland was always on point and a fierce advocate for service techs in the field and our customers. Randya is also proof of their excellent service.

SlightlyChilled

Chris at GRS did a fine job for trying to help me out mad love to him and GRS I never said they dropped a thing....

I was under the impression that that people were getting some kind of replacements and I my have read that.... Hence why I was thinking that... also to add we here alone had what like 10 plus people that ran into and are running into the same problem on the same time line....

Now for Mutoh to say we can not duplicate the problem in our lab but to make a fix for it.mmmmm.. You can look at it two ways.

1 You can call BS on them for not admitting the problem or 2 say wow that was cool of them to look into it even tho not find why it happen but still making a fix to help out.....

You can pick

Now with that Mutoh has stepped up and doing me a solid and helping me out...

I will see what the new sponges say when they get here... I am now running the new ink in all 6 carts so lets hope all goes good I will try to keep a log......

iSign

ok.. sry I mucked it up!
<sulking away>

I knew there was more to the story though!

I guess I would say the same... if I was a man of few words..
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
but...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I don't think either of us mucked it up... we just don't have enough information, and as a result, the limited explanation chilled offered, left us both with an inability to easily & accurately assess the situation...

I think chilled was pretty vague, but in his defense, his calling out was pretty tame and, closed with "had to rant' ...not, "Get in here and answer to these allegations Mutoh"

...but I think at this point he ought to be a little less vague too... the trail of tears probably could have been avoided somehow, and if paying for his own capping station could have prevented spilling 3 bills worth of ink.... or if the dealer could have sent one first and negotiated the cost later... I don't know, but this sort of dialogue can certainly help prevent others from the same crisis, and the better the story is told, the more people it is likely to help... including chilled, hopefully...

iSign

laptop overheated, and by the time I could send my "old" post... I see that more has transpired... well, anyway, hope to hear good news from chilled, and less probs for everyone in future...

SlightlyChilled

Yes this was more of a rant... Good thinks are a foot Randya is helping me out. And I will be keep a log and pics from week to week to see what the life expectancy of the little sponge pads are....

I speak better then I type maybe I should get a speak and spell for my laptop.=)

randya

Hey a little ranting can be good for everybody, keeps all of us on our toes.

I understand your frustration, it must be similar to ours and being unable to recreate it in a controlled setting.

I HIGHLY recommend keeping a printer log for those having any kind of issues.

For mechanical printing issues, log the date and time.
It can be very helpful to narrow down the cause, or at least eliminate some options.
I.e. if you find you have printer lock ups or corrupted prints, and it happens every Friday at 2 o'clock, it is less likely to be your printer and more likely something that happens on Friday at 2.

Chilled, If you would, log your cleaning and cleaning solutions used, and any proceedure that you are using that is not in the manual.
If you have the means, log your room temp and humidity from time to time.

jiarby

Chuck Holland was always on point and a fierce advocate for service techs in the field and our customers. Randya is also proof of their excellent service.

+1 on this!

Graphics2u

Chuck Holland was always on point and a fierce advocate for service techs in the field and our customers. Randya is also proof of their excellent service.
+1 on this!
+2

I have recently had best response to a ongoing Issue that I was having that I could have possibly hoped for with Mutoh. Randy, Mike, Chuck and Kevin, All are aware of the situation, and I have to say I received the best support I could have hoped for. My dealer was no longer a dealer for them so I was dealing direct with Mutoh and I appreciate everything they did.

It just blows my mind sometimes when I hear of the terrible support stories and really makes me wonder what the real story is behind some of them, because that has not been my experience in the least. (not that this OP was one of the terrible ones, but I've seen others)