• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Debbie

d fleming

Our creek is at a 100 year high, roads washed out all over, cows heading for high ground. Thank goodness house and shop high and dry. Creek expected to crest in a few hours. Post pics later.

Attachments

• alan pasture1.jpg
    alan pasture1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 46
  • alan pasture2.jpg
    alan pasture2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

Back in 2010 I think is when it really flooded around here. We have two creeks around the house and the horse barn is right next to the back one. The back creek is just a wet weather creek, but during storms it fills up very quickly. The stallion's stall was filled with water that first night. I had to use a shop vac to get it all cleaned out. That was something that I wouldn't want to deal with again.

I remember when there was a break in the storm before it continued the next day the neighbor kids were playing in that back creek with their parents watching them. I was just thinking to myself, you couldn't pay me to play in that creek, because I know a portion of what's in there as it was downstream from the barn and it had seeped into 2 other stalls as well, but not to the extreme as the stallion's.

d fleming

water in creek usually about 25 or so feet under bridge. Still rising. You can see the boat tied to dock with roof boat usually sits under next to it.

Attachments

• creekboat.jpg
    creekboat.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 70
  • creekbridge.jpg
    creekbridge.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 72