• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Decals, I want to know each and everything about it.

markchilders55

A small startup with signage. Anyone here who could help me learning about decals. I believe there are three major categories of decals which are

1. Window Decals
2. Wallpaper Decals
3. Car Decals

All I know about these types, I believe there are plenty of other types out there. I there anything else for me to know?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't really care what ya call them, just so you know what you are using and why. Besides the vinyl, you'll need to know about laminates. You'll need to know which vinyl is suitable for what and what laminate will be suited to your vinyl choice. Some vinyls are good for die-cutting while some are only good for digital printing and some are good for wrapping while others won't work in certain environments or conditions.

Knowing 3 key words/descriptions hardly will get ya anywhere without stepping in sh!t and smelling bad, resulting in bad reputations. I would suggest to go work for someone who knows what they're doing and learn the ropes as hands-on, instead of U-tubing and asking questions on a forum, which are so basic.

Start reading. Everyday for years people have talked about vinyl and decals on this site. Go through and read. Come back with a real question.
It's like saying I'm going to repair cars now and going to a car forum and saying ok I want to learn everything about a motor. I know there are three types Gasoline, Diesel, and electric. But there are really a million other kinds of engines and a million variations on each.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I'd suggest you work at a reputable sign shop before jumping in with absolutely NO idea what you're doing. People like you are the reason I lose clients (because you undercut my cost), but then I get them back when there car stickers fade or fall off in a year or two.

It's not about knowing the "different types" of decals. It's about knowing the products that are out there and the best use for each one. That's not really something that can be taught in a lengthy message on an internet forum. It's learned through years of experience, trial and error, and learning from people that have been around longer than you.

A MILLION.............. ?????? :eek:

wowee............................​

Between the different types of engines and their various versions. 4,6,8, 10 cylinders. Flat 4, inline 4, rotary, inline 6, v6, full hybrid, electric assist hybrid. There is probably a million different types. All i was trying to say is there are a infinite number of uses for decals and each one is going to have specific issues that would apply the material being used. The question was extremely broad.

spectrum maine

Step 1 buy a signwriters pricing guide, stay within 10-15% of what is recommended. no free travel. If you want to make $$$, sell to businesses. & a personal peeve of mine...spell your bizness name correctly. (sorry folks)

bannertime

I'm very sorry for my peers here. This is a very common question and there are many like it posted already. The search function has a literal ton (of bytes) of information about designing, printing, and selling self applied adhesive backed vinyl graphics. However, for a limited time, I'm willing to share all this information with you, at the low cost of $220 p/h. If you're willing to pay for travel and lodging, I will travel to location as well. Please get back with me if you'd like to take me up on this offer. Have a good day.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You realize he's in Mexico, right? Best to get a per diem for water if nothing else.

That or NYC, I can't tell...

Who knows where this troll is from. His website links to an established looking company from NY so I'm pretty sure he's full of chit either way.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Yah, under experience he puts "none" then claims to have 6+ years with the NY sign company. He even fakes it when listing the machines. Nothing seems legit about this member.