• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decals over full wrap...outgassing and damage...

bendeane

I am in a rush and I'm wondering if this is safe to do or not. I've heard all the stories about outgassing and that the worst case scenario is that the print will burn into the paint job if it doesn't outgas properly before lamination. The entire vehicle up to this point has been printed and allowed to dry at least 24 hours before lamination and install. Now I'm under the gun and I have a few decals I'm printing and installing OVER the completely wrapped vehicle. Will I ruin the paint job or will the layer of vinyl and lam protect it enough to not allow the decals to outgas entirely before I lam and install them. I can handle the silvering and in my experience (and I know this will start a slam dunk debate) it goes away over a pretty short period of time, especially in this hot, humid Kansas sun.

Any opinions???
Thanks,
Ben

MikePro

you should be good. dry time prior to lamination is the only thing you should worry about, not so much for the paint job but worry of delamination. And you've already got that covered.

TheSnowman

I have no advice, but I can tell you...you will probably get two different answers. Seems lots of people think it's a myth, and lots of people swear by letting it outgas.