• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dell doesn't allow customization anymore?

visual800

I have one Dell left still working and three are HP's and my main Computer now was built for me. I personally dont care for Dell anymore, but I did like the fact you could pick and choose what you wanted upgraded if you wanted. My biggest problem with dell is all the crap that they are loaded with. Same with HP but no where near as much crap dell comes with. Seems to take forever to clear all of their crap off of them.
Ive cleaned off both machines and i have NEVER seen a machine more loaded with crap than HP. I mean crap all over the place. maybe it was the machines i looked at i dont know

nonetheless they need to stop loading all that workthless s*** on computers, it ticks me off

WildWestDesigns

Ive cleaned off both machines and i have NEVER seen a machine more loaded with crap than HP. I mean crap all over the place. maybe it was the machines i looked at i dont know

nonetheless they need to stop loading all that workthless s*** on computers, it ticks me off

The business line doesn't appear to have the "extra stuff" on it compared to the normal consumer line. However, my last experience with business line from HP was when Vista was still relatively new (but it did have dual monitor support, although at the time I didn't use it), so it's been awhile.

choucove

Both Dell and HP are notorious for having a ton of unnecessary and even severely performance-reducing software preinstalled on their computers. This is much better on their business line. Yes, there's still a lot of extras, but no all the advertising BS and games that end up overtaking the computer and making it run like a three year old netbook.

I can't tell you how many customers I have gone in to talk with you just thought they could buy any computer they wanted and it would be what they need for their business. Come to find out they spent several thousands of dollars on systems that will not fit their need and are way overpriced for the junk that they got. The biggest advice I can give you or any customer of mine is to talk with an expert. As I've said, you can save yourself a ton of money and headache contacting someone to have it done right the first time than having to do it over!