• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desay Xy380p??

Sign Prophet

Dave speaks English. He's at the Desay Canada location.

Adrian

I went through this when I bought one of those boat anchors a few years ago. Whoever I spoke with down their a desay spoke Broken english at best. It was really fustrating to me and I ended up buy a used graphtec for the same price and Have no issues. This is my own personal experiance and I just wanted to share. I truley hope he gets his plotter going but it will be a long road for a newbie to learn on inferior equipment and software.

TINT

I found it! Maybe this will help you.
If it is to crappy to read, PM me with your email and I will send the PDF.

:beer

signgoLITE_instructions.jpg

you got PM:Cool 2:

How are you doing Tint, are we resolved yet.

When the program freezes, does it work again if you click yes?

when the program freezes, it does work again, immediately after i see the "!" sign with option of yes and no, when i click no, it says "cutting done".

I went through this when I bought one of those boat anchors a few years ago. Whoever I spoke with down their a desay spoke Broken english at best. It was really fustrating to me and I ended up buy a used graphtec for the same price and Have no issues. This is my own personal experiance and I just wanted to share. I truley hope he gets his plotter going but it will be a long road for a newbie to learn on inferior equipment and software.

i see what your saying, do you think i should just get a different type of cutter and throw this one to the street?:Cool 2:

i played with it more yesteday and no use, i've tried switching the cables from serial to parallel, and its the same story. there is something i must be missing..

Lunatic Taskbar

Tint have you tried contacting the Guy who writes Signgo? I think their info is in the about screen within the program.

He may have a better idea of what his program is doing than us. he will also hope fully know what the ! signifies.

TINT

i contacted dave at desay.

he told me the master 380p machine does not support universal cables. as it will not establish a connection. so im gonna have to but the original serial cable and try again. :thumb:

signmeup

i contacted dave at desay.

he told me the master 380p machine does not support universal cables. as it will not establish a connection. so im gonna have to but the original serial cable and try again. :thumb:

Well now! Who'd have thought? Hope you get it working. Mine does what I want.

Adrian

raw191

I've got an xy 540p and it's worked well for me. The only problem I've had is that it doesn't work well with vista. Weird stuff happens. It got my business off to a very good start, and now I can afford a roland. I'm keeping it for a backup though.

TINT

hi guys, i got the cable today, and sure enough i clicked on "cut" and it started working, buti think i need a new blade, it cut very rough cuts and it seems like its going to deep. im buying some inventory tomorrow, new blades and start playing with this thing. great site and you'll be seeing alot me on here.:U Rock:

cOrKinSA

hi guys, i got the cable today, and sure enough i clicked on "cut" and it started working, buti think i need a new blade, it cut very rough cuts and it seems like its going to deep. im buying some inventory tomorrow, new blades and start playing with this thing. great site and you'll be seeing alot me on here.:U Rock:

I think my settings are somewhere at 400 and and at 90.

signmeup

Great news! So, in summary, you called tech support for a machine you bought second hand and they helped you get it working? For free?Sounds pretty good to me.
I set my "cheap piece of crap" (that works just fine, thank you) plotter at 600 speed and 80grams downforce for cast vinyl. For blast mask I use 400 speed and 350 grams with a 60 degree blade. It sounds like once you get your knife set properly you will be on your way.
I have had my media scratched by the blade before, so watch out for that. It was caused by me loading or unloading the media with the knife left "in the way". I now set the knife all the way to the side of the carriage when I load/unload media so it won't happen again.

Adrian

Last edited:

CaptainStv

Bought my friends Master Plotter and when I hooked it up to my 20ft. cable it wouldn't read so I ended up buying a 10ft. and it ran perfect.

Also
Check these settings...

Go to:
Control Panel
System
Hardware Tab
Device Manager
Port LPT1
Port settings
Click "Never use an interrupt"
Make sure your LPT Port Number is "LPT1"
Click OK.
Try it out.
Can you tell me how to get a LPT Cable.

Cant find one anywhere that works bought five. Borrow my friends cable prints like a charm. Its LPT and I need the pin out for one that works or a place to get one.

I have tried

25 pin straight
25 pin that transfers file like with lap link,

Also tried lots of serial nothing works

borrow friends lpt bingo how do i get it to work plz help