• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design for a 1981 Chevy Van Beauville

heyskull

Can anyone help me with a design for stripe work graphics on a 1981 Chevy Van Beauville Day van with side windows.
I realise this is a big want but I don't come across these vehicles much in the UK.
The colour of the van is metallic blue and the only request is for white, silver and yellow graphics.

I just hate clients who think you can just pick a design out if their heads and spend hours and maybe days designing something they do not like.

Thanks
SC

visual800

If I were you I would tell the client to find a graphics package or design that they like and then get back to you. If you start designing stuff for them it could turn out to be a lot of your time taken up trying to find something perfect for them. Google images is their friend

heyskull

Honestly the client is an elderly gentleman and has no grasp on how computers work let alone the worl wide web!
As this is a vehicle I have no vehicle outlines for it is making it especially hard.
He was wanting something with more of an original US design rather than what we do over here.
I was just hoping I could maybe adapt something someone else had done.

SC

rjssigns

Stripes from that era are pretty basic. Three colors at the belt line, repeat the colors on the rocker panels. Unless it was a mural the graphics at that time were very linear.
I know because I did some of that work when paint was the only way to customize.
Not much help, but a quick Google search shows some ideas.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I just googled the van...I see a variety of stripes. Has he given any mention to what style of stripes? Personally, I would take a few minutes and print 4 pics on a piece of paper that you find online and have him stop back in. Discuss the style and see what he likes. After that, I would just grab a van template, add windows if needed and color it blue then once he chooses a style create a couple different color combinations. No sense in reinventing wheel. The first pic seems to be the most common variety - but I can't pretend to know for sure lol I think that's Gino in the last photo
1641997854914.png
1641997915893.png
1641997933000.png
1641997966762.png

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer

Attachments

• 1981 Chevy_1.jpg
    1981 Chevy_1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 1981 Chevy_2.jpg
    1981 Chevy_2.jpg