• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design Jet 5500 Woes

robinphoto

The light magenta head won't refill from the ink cartridge on our 5500. When we replace the head with a filled head, it works perfectly. Any ideas on why or how this happened and how to fix it? Other than that, it's a great printer.

Billct2

I'm not sure I understand how you replace with a filled printhead? They're empty when new. Do you take it from another HP DJ machine?
In any case have you checked the ink tubes to make sure they're not kinked?
Looked for air bubbles in the ink tubes?
Have you tried a different ink cart, I had a bad one once that leaked air into the lines, I ened up replacing the ink tube assembly.
You may want to search and/or ask questions here...
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=222

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
call this guy he will show you how to fix it. 714-916-7728 his name is Matt and he is one of the best HP techs out there.

ProColorGraphics

Not to be a :thread, but I am looking at adding a 60" 5500PS to go along with my VP-540. Would you recommend this printer? I know I want to go with the UV inks. Just trying to get some feedback on it.

:thankyou: