• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Designjet hp5000

ad41061

Hi, I was given a hp5000 printer which is not working, and I would like to get it running, when I start the printer the screen displays "Spinning up disk...OK" then "Loading...firmwear.fmw" then "Initializing Please wait." see photo. Tt does not move from this screen, pressing any buttons on the panel has no effect, even the power button has no effect.
what my next step, I have checked the ram and appers to be ok.
When I was given this printer the guy told me that there is some sensor giving trouble but he did not know any more.

Thank you

Ad

Attachments

• IMG_2464.JPG
    IMG_2464.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 281
Hi, I was given a hp5000 printer which is not working, and I would like to get it running, when I start the printer the screen displays "Spinning up disk...OK" then "Loading...firmwear.fmw" then "Initializing Please wait." see photo. Tt does not move from this screen, pressing any buttons on the panel has no effect, even the power button has no effect.
what my next step, I have checked the ram and appers to be ok.
When I was given this printer the guy told me that there is some sensor giving trouble but he did not know any more.

Thank you

Ad
If it won't complete initialization, chances are the issue is the hard drive, that it needs to be replaced. thx Wideimagesolutions.

ad41061

Hi Thanks for the reply, that what I was thinking the harddrive, I live in Ireland so when can I find one.

Bly

wow I had a couple of these... a long time ago.
You'll probably need to replace the ink system.
Can you still get heads?