• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desperate Font Help

keptquiet

ok. here is one i cant find. its a handwritten one, but still a font. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Ridges4.gif
    Ridges4.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 218
  • index_01.gif
    index_01.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 136

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Papyrus is correct for THE RIDGES although it has been superscripted and stretched a bit. The balance of it is too small for my old eyes to even know what is says. If you can come up with a better sample, I might be able to help.

PAPYRUS DOWNLOAD

keptquiet

yea, i had the papyrus, thanks. its the handwritten one at the bottom that says "at Mountain Harbor" that i cant seem to figure out. the first thumbnail is the best i can get. the second is off thier webpage index, which is www.ridgeslife.com. i have an EPS from them off with the mountains and ridges text, but not the subscript with the other names they use, plus i have another sign i would like to use this font on...

thanks for any other info that may come along!

keptquiet

Thanks!

i bought it and its a great font. excactly what i was looking for!

now, how do you show glyphs or extra characters in photoshop? i know how in illustrator, but i cant seem to figure it out in photoshop cs2, so i can see all the extra characters....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you're on a Windows system there should be an application named Character Map. It is located in Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.

keptquiet

yea, i have seen that in windows before, but im on a mac (right now anyway) and i use both mac and pc.

im actually trying to figure out how to access the character map or glyphs as they are called in illustrator cs2. it pulls up the full character map from within illustrator in a text feature called glyphs, kinda like flexi has and its called instert symbols in flexi.

i cant seem to find this feature in photoshop but im sure its there???

EndlessOptions

There is a freeware font program called FontPage it is very easy to use you can find it at bluefive.pair.com. I have good success using it to identify fonts I am not sure of.

2972renfro

It appears fontpage only id's fonts that are already on your system, not helpful for finding a font you don't already own. Am I correct?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It will allow viewing of uninstalled fonts but is much more awkward and inefficient as compared to Typograf. It also does not support Postscript Type 1 fonts.

For ID of fonts you don't have, you need a comparison utility application like FontExpert for matching unmodified fonts. If they have been modified then FontExpert is little help and you need access to lots of books and a product like Typograf with all your fonts on a single hard drive and organized into categories to be able to browse them efficiently.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
keptquiet said:
im actually trying to figure out how to access the character map or glyphs as they are called in illustrator cs2.....i cant seem to find this feature in photoshop but im sure its there???

Both IllustratorCS2 and InDesignCS2 have a Glyphs palette, found under the Type menu.

For some odd reason, Photoshop doesn't feature such a thing (at least I haven't found it). You can compose things like Asian type within Photoshop, but it's kind of difficult for a gaijin to manage such a thing without a glyphs palette. OTOH, you can always lay out type and other vector graphics objects and drag them into Photoshop.