• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desperate for NEW Starcraft Logo

Geary

Yeah, Techman, it's all based on Arial Bold. It's a pretty cool logo....sort of "80s-ish" but, that's okay. They say I'm a "little dated" as well. hahaha!

Hey, SignOne....don't take it so hard. I wasn't accusing you of fishin for a freebie. I was just showin' off. I've always been like this. People actually love me! :tongue: It's just "shop" here. I've seen this before on lots of message boards. We wouldn't talk any different to one another if we were in the same shop in person. The difference seems a bit harsher on the internet..... the true personalities don't come across very well. That's what I like about this site. The people are not fake...just a little distorted and a bit "scewed" at times. :wink:

I've always said in the shops I've worked around that personalities do not matter....the only thing that matters is the job. In reality if Shovelhead were to give you...or I ....or anyone else one of his patented jabs at our abilities....we would just say, "Get BENT!" ....then "I'm too busy and my computer is down, Smarty Pants, show me how it's done!" Then we'd all go out for a cool one after work. :cool1: Or a cup o' coffee if you please... :Coffee:

~Gear

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
fwiw, the font on this logo is not Arial it is Helvetica (with a custom slant). Although on first glance the 2 fonts look similar, their are subtle differences. Everyone save themselves the time, I converted it for Signone already.

Sign One

You Rock Doc!

:thankyou: You are the best- with everyone telling you that all the time, it is amazing you are still so humble and helpful! Back from our appt. If you have time you can call me for that info-- or in the am if you'd rather. Asta

Geary

You know what Eric? I didn't even try Helvetica, just because I figured that since it's supposed to be a "new logo" they may not have started with old Helv. But, you are right. My bad for rushing. Fun stuff to do though. :wink:

I did notice when I slanted the font....it didn't work as well with certain proportions. Like, the right side (heavy side) of the "A" needed to stand up a bit straighter. Also, there's those tell tale signs at the ends of the "S"s .....on the Arial, they are inclined planes, whereas they are flatter horizontally on the helvetica.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Geary said:
Also, there's those tell tale signs at the ends of the "S"s .....on the Arial, they are inclined planes, whereas they are flatter horizontally on the helvetica.

You are correct. Arial is one of those fonts though you see everywhere. I personally dislike the font. I'd like to remove it from my computer but it is ubiquitous, so it stays.

Flame

The Vector Doctor said:
fwiw, the font on this logo is not Arial it is Helvetica (with a custom slant). Although on first glance the 2 fonts look similar, their are subtle differences. Everyone save themselves the time, I converted it for Signone already.

Thanks Dude. This was getting crazy on here! lol.

BTW, I'm gonna have to try you out someday soon. Your work looks awesome. I just have to wait for another vectorizing job.....

Sign One

Here's what all the fuss was about

Just wanted to post the completed 8' X 16' Billboard I needed the logo for- the client had definate ideas about the pulled letter along top and bottom of the thermal prints, the logo was not my design, pretty boring, but I think the sunburst adds a little oomph-

Attachments

• wards.JPG
    wards.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 165