• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did anyone build their own label finishing system?

bartlondon

As per title I'm wondering if anyone tried to build label finishing system? The purpose build ones are so expensive so I have had an idea to build one by myself. From my point of view it's Graphtec cutter, cold laminator and couple of rewinders.

Antnee

I wish, I need a label finisher myself. They are crazy expensive too.

DPR is the company that makes the finishers and they have a special camera and software to make them read the labels and cut custom shapes.

What kind of label printer do you have? I have an Afinia L801 with rewinder.

bartlondon

I wish, I need a label finisher myself. They are crazy expensive too.

DPR is the company that makes the finishers and they have a special camera and software to make them read the labels and cut custom shapes.

What kind of label printer do you have? I have an Afinia L801 with rewinder.

Currently I'm printing on Mimaki UV but I'm thinking about getting label printer. Yeah these label finishers are so expensie that's why I'm looking to build my own :) Not sure if it'll work but I don't see a reason why not

victor bogdanov

I'm printing labels on Colorado 1650 and cutting with Graphtec or flatbed , can easily compete on price with afinia systems because media 60" is so cheap

Was trying to figure out how to do roll labels efficiently and found this, ended up getting a laminator with the same slitters and I think it will be possible to weed and slit into rolls in one step. Will play around with it once it gets here.

About $1500 delivered

Just did 20k 2" x 4" labels at 8 cents each, 2hr print, 2hr cut on flatbed. cost me $300 in vinyl and $100 in ink to make.

Doesn't make sense to get a dedicated label printer for relatively small quantities if you have a decent wide format set up

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm printing labels on Colorado 1650 and cutting with Graphtec or flatbed , can easily compete on price with afinia systems because media 60" is so cheap

Was trying to figure out how to do roll labels efficiently and found this, ended up getting a laminator with the same slitters and I think it will be possible to weed and slit into rolls in one step. Will play around with it once it gets here.

About $1500 delivered

Just did 20k 2" x 4" labels at 8 cents each, 2hr print, 2hr cut on flatbed. cost me $300 in vinyl and $100 in ink to make.

Doesn't make sense to get a dedicated label printer for relatively small quantities if you have a decent wide format set up
oh damn, do you have a link for this??

victor bogdanov

oh damn, do you have a link for this??
Contact lefu/mefu laminator

I purchased the following from them on alibaba and they're putting 12 knifes on it