• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

different issues continually really wearing on me

gabagoo

DAMN IT!!!! I just caught it doing it again!!!! Keeps going to high looking for registration marks and then I was suspicious so I looked in the program manager under properties and I can see it has changed the configuration of how many I have in a row......NOW WHAT? toast the entire job?

I hope Flexi has a rep tomorrow at the Canadian Sign Show cause I gonna burn his azz!!!

gabagoo

I think I may have figured out why it does it.... When I sent this decal out to be printed 100 times, while in the program manager I can see that if I set the material to 52.5 the decals use up so much space that the cut marks might be to close to the edge. i change the material size in the program manager down to, in this case, 52.1...that creates a new row of decals and fills up the space evenly.

It seems that in the program manager under properties, it still sees the material at 52.5, so it thinks there is room for one more decal. i changed it back to 51.5 manually in there and now it is cutting fine.

The only problem with that is how am I to remember 3 days later to not only check that but to also know what number I keyed in..... damn this software

mark galoob

i think you nailed it!!! i run flexi 8.6 pro and used to have the same issues you are having...a buddy running the same thing started setting the width at 52" and stopped having any issues with it...after he recommended that to me and i started using that method, i stopped having the majority of issues i was having with flexi...and decals

mark galoob

CalamityJay

when sending the file to production manager from flexi, highligh the hold in list option in the general tab.

then, when in production manager: right click job> job properties> workflow tab> after output >HOLD

you can then save the settings within production manager or archive the file. That makes sending the same file or ones with similar setups consistantly.

hope that helps.