• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Cutter Advice

We are looking to purchase cutting equipment for max metal, pvc, aluminum, Coroplast, gator board, foam board, acrylic.
At the same time something that can also cut entire rolls of vinyl, laminated vinyl, banner and especially fabric.
The learning curve I'm having is understanding woven vs non woven and fraying. We want to get into SEG and stretch fabrics.
Definitely 126" Wide we operate on HP latex 3600's.

Esko?
Zund?
Summa?
Multicam?
Colex?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
New multicam seems pretty nice. I don't think Summa is for you, it's more in the starter end of (digital) cutters. Zund, Kongsberg nice machines. Consider something that you have good local support for.
I would almost consider a laser just for the textiles if you think that will be a large part of your business. Like Summa L3214.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Outside of the SEG, what other textile processing are you planning.
Will all of it involve sewing or will there be a need for sealing edges with a laser.
It seems that you requirements cover a wide spectrum of applications.
With the 3.2m (126") wide table, you are still looking to process 4x8' boards often too?
That is a large machine configuration.
Have you considered looking at more than one type of machine?
Maybe there are options for a wide but short length table and then one for more rigid board orientated processing at 5'X10' configurations.

Just looking to print TVF and Ultraflex textiles. What is the laser used for? That's what I'm unsure of, if I can get away with just a cutter or if it has to be a laser?
We will be cutting boards no larger than 5'x10 ft but we will be printing on some fabric rolls that are 122"-126" I am open to using two machines.
We want everything automated no need to rely on hands cutting and finishing the rolls once they come off the printer.
Currently have a Multicam 3000 5'x10' but we are looking for an all in once machine or 2.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It sounds like you need something like Multicam Celero 7. You can get away with just cutter, really depends on more your needs.

Laser cutter is awesome for textiles. It cuts fast and clean. Doesn't leave pieces of fabric and seals the edges of the piece instantly.

After doing more research I’m either going with an entry level summa f 3220 or used esko c60.
We definitely need to have the ability to cut 126” rolls of banner and mostly 54” rolls of vinyl. We also will cut polyester fabric so I think these machines would be ideal as well as everyday signage (ACM, coroplast, foam, ultra board, pvc, acrylic and styrene. Two reps told me each machine would work for what we needed it for. Summa 2 year warranty or gamble on a used esko….the esko looks so much better and faster but you can’t go wrong with a warranty on a new machine.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
After doing more research I’m either going with an entry level summa f 3220 or used esko c60.
We definitely need to have the ability to cut 126” rolls of banner and mostly 54” rolls of vinyl. We also will cut polyester fabric so I think these machines would be ideal as well as everyday signage (ACM, coroplast, foam, ultra board, pvc, acrylic and styrene. Two reps told me each machine would work for what we needed it for. Summa 2 year warranty or gamble on a used esko….the esko looks so much better and faster but you can’t go wrong with a warranty on a new machine.
What year is the Kongsberg C60?

Christian @ 2CT Media

The Summa Router is very limiting, just understand that if your production levels increase.

I don't feel we need a laser at the moment. Why do you think the Summa is limiting? 90% of our business is roll to roll. We just don't want to outsource anymore.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't feel we need a laser at the moment. Why do you think the Summa is limiting? 90% of our business is roll to roll. We just don't want to outsource anymore.
The router on the Summa is limiting. It's effective but underpowered compared to the spindles on the other machines meaning it will be slower and have a lower cut quality in some scenarios.

Your initial list was long, if your primary use case is roll stock not fabric the summa is excellent, if you need to do everything and it's a be all machine, I would look at your other options. It was not discussed but what is your budget?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The router on the Summa is limiting. It's effective but underpowered compared to the spindles on the other machines meaning it will be slower and have a lower cut quality in some scenarios.

Your initial list was long, if your primary use case is roll stock not fabric the summa is excellent, if you need to do everything and it's a be all machine, I would look at your other options. It was not discussed but what is your budget?
You guys do also know there is the "real" router as well, right? With real spindle and more power.
The "dremel" one is meant for people who rarely need it but need it.
Yes it costs more money to buy the real one but it's there.

1631248069535.png