• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital media and laminate

jason91

I do alot of short term digital printing and laminate work.. My question is ..What is the cheapest digital media and laminate for short term applications. (less than a year). I currently use oracal 3640 and 210 laminate....Is there anything out there cheaper?

jason91

Well as far as Oracal goes you could switch to 200 lam which should save you about $0.07 a sq ft (based on my prices), and there certainly are cheaper vinyls than 3640 but i don't have any experience with them.

What are the cheaper vinyls??? Don't know of any?

wes70

Bond paper, elmer's glue and saran wrap :)

Just being a smart a**... BigfishDM should be able to hook ya up.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sell a sweet 5 Mil Glossy with Permanent Adhesive for $0.12 a sq.ft and my house laminates are only $0.15 which would be just as good as 210 lam from Oracal

J

john1

I use 5 Year General Formulations Concept 203 with Oracal 210 lam and i love it. The lam is about $128 a roll (30") and the vinyl is $80.00. You could always go with a low grade solvex ECP vinyl from Fellers that has a 6-12 month life span for like $ 66.00 (30") and the oracal 200 lam though but i wouldn't

Letterbox Mike

Why are you laminating for short term applications? If you're using even an eco-solvent printer, you should get at least 1 year durability outdoors unlaminated.

CanuckSigns

Why are you laminating for short term applications? If you're using even an eco-solvent printer, you should get at least 1 year durability outdoors unlaminated.

I was wondering this myself, I used to laminate everything that comes off the printer, but now, if it's going on coroplast, or is temporary, it doesn't get laminated, havn't had any complaints yet.

MikePro

for my economy projects (coroplast/MDO signage), I go through 3 rolls of MacTac media to 1 roll of overlaminate.

Letterbox Mike

for my economy projects (coroplast/MDO signage), I go through 3 rolls of MacTac media to 1 roll of overlaminate.

Heck even that's pushing it, I'd bet we're 10-1...

By the way, getting to the OP's question, I recommend the General Formulations 203 gloss. Not sure how it compares to the Orajet you're using in terms of cost, but we've been using the 203 for several years now and have zero complaints.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Heck even that's pushing it, I'd bet we're 10-1...

By the way, getting to the OP's question, I recommend the General Formulations 203 gloss. Not sure how it compares to the Orajet you're using in terms of cost, but we've been using the 203 for several years now and have zero complaints.

Great product also!