• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital print applied over wallpaper?!?

MikePro

Client doesn't want to remove existing wallpaper BUT wants me to print/apply some graphics to his interior wall.

recently applied a sample of some IJ180Cv3 over a wallpaper sample in my shop and a month later it was puckering at the edges... even with primer94!

any other suggestions on what I should look into? Wallpaper over wallpaper maybe? or kick it up a notch with concrete wallwrap material?

MikePro

eHow claims wallpaper over wallpaper is fine as long as the existing is porous. sounds legit considering I've overlapped seams in a few of my wallpaper projects and they have yet to curl-up at the edges.

still looking into potentially making a vinyl solution work for me. kinda miffed that, after masking-off a canvas and using primer 94 to prep before applying, cast vinyl was puckering at the edges. (base wallpaper material was printed wallscapes suede)

MikePro

Apply lots of heat!
always do! at the very least it gives me that third look at every section i've applied to make sure there's no bubbles I missed. and everything i've applied that I had to remove was a PITA.... so i know I must be doing something right :)

i might just go with the concrete wrap material... got a bit here that's been sitting around for a while. may as well make use of it before it goes stale.