• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Printer for Posters?

signage

The use of an air nailer is not a good idea for framing a house. The use of the good old hammer insures boards are hit tight together. With a numadic the nail shoots through and if there is a gap the gap stays. If you use a hammer for framing then the gap gets "beat" down and the studs are tight together.

Thank you.

I think then you need to measure and cut more accurate! You should not need to pound the boards together! I think you may getting into the wring trade:banghead::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wes70

I have a hp z2100 printer that produces beautiful prints. This is not a production printer by any means, but it's very frugal with ink usage and never a clog. Heads are user replaceable. Never had any problems in over 3 years!

You can get a Canon, HP, or Epson 24" printer for under $3000. I use a Big Squeege for my lamination needs... works great!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I think then you need to measure and cut more accurate! You should not need to pound the boards together! I think you may getting into the wring trade:banghead::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not quite true. Mosh has put his finger on the major porblem with nail guns.

When you build, say, a wall, the finished product will better stay together and stay straight and plumb if all of the components are under a bit of tension**. If the pieces are all simply floating in place then they're free to warp and bend at their leisure. Hammering is slower but it builds a better structure. Normally a nail gun simply cannot and/or will not move the component pieces into a proper state of tension.

**providing tension is the reason CDX plywood sheathing tends to curl opposite corner to opposite corner. It's supposed to so when it's nailed in place it provides it's own tension. Nowadays OSB is generally used in its stead and it just lays there flaccid and not loading anything. Pity.

signage

Not quite true. Mosh has put his finger on the major porblem with nail guns.

When you build, say, a wall, the finished product will better stay together and stay straight and plumb if all of the components are under a bit of tension**. If the pieces are all simply floating in place then they're free to warp and bend at their leisure. Hammering is slower but it builds a better structure. Normally a nail gun simply cannot and/or will not move the component pieces into a proper state of tension.

**providing tension is the reason CDX plywood sheathing tends to curl opposite corner to opposite corner. It's supposed to so when it's nailed in place it provides it's own tension. Nowadays OSB is generally used in its stead and it just lays there flaccid and not loading anything. Pity.

Bob the correct way to build something is not to force them together! I am not saying to leave space between them. If they are cut to fit correctly they will be butting together, no room for movement.:frustrated:

TheSellOut

I have a friend looking to sell a year old HP 5500, which is a good quality printer that would likely fit your budget.

PM if interested!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bob the correct way to build something is not to force them together! I am not saying to leave space between them. If they are cut to fit correctly they will be butting together, no room for movement.:frustrated:

I never said force together, I said under tension. Big difference. And unless you bring the pieces together under a bit of tension, as in 'tight', there will always be movement. Always. We're building houses here out of dubious materials, not furniture out of perfectly dried and seasoned wood.

You can build a wall with pieces so precisely cut that the thing just slips together but it's still not under any tension, pre-loaded as it were, and thus is constantly trying to warp, bend, and come unfastened.

Moreover, precise cutting notwithstanding, it's vastly preferable to have something too tight rather than too loose.

ces020....how am i slamming him?? just pointing out that the guys on here are trying to give him a valid point and hes taking it the wrong way......thats all!

Mosh

Well All I have to say is the house I built is still worth $250K, I bet all those "cookie cutter" homes can not say that same. I guess we do sit on several hundred aces might help!

rcook99

Mosh
Well All I have to say is the house I built is still worth $250K, I bet all those "cookie cutter" homes can not say that same. I guess we do sit on several hundred aces might help!

WOW:omg: so if you put a cookie cutter house on 200+ acres it's worth $250K! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

signage

You can put a trailer on a couple hundred acres and it would most likely be worth around $250K:banghead::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

rcook99

signage said:
You can put a trailer on a couple hundred acres and it would most likely be worth around $250K:banghead::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Listen its not fair if we pick on Noah when he is still counting sheep.