• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional Steel Framed Sign

hcardwell93

I just completed this sign for my gun shop. I started with 1" x 1" steel tubing and 3" x 24" x 1/4" plates. I created about 4 inches of depth with the "side wings". After welding up the frame and painting it I installed it to the building. I did it this way because the super-soft-can't-grab-an-anchor mortar in my building is rough to get an anchor set in that I only wanted to be working with the minimum possible.

Once the frame was up I took a sheet of Dark Bronze Dibond, cut it down and routed the back side so I could fold it over the steel tube. I bolted it to the frame with stainless hardware, finishing with acorn caps on the face. Next was the silver metallic 3/16" acrylic letters from Gemini. They are attached with VHB and silicone. I made the pattern myself by drawing the letters on backer paper and hand cutting them. That only took about 15 minutes.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out!

20160929_142852.jpg

20161003_172000.jpg

20161004_134737.jpg

hcardwell93

Are you a signguy sir
Yes, I worked for a couple of sign shops years ago. In 2010 my father and I purchased this gun shop. A year ago I decided with the political climate I should put some eggs in another basket and started my own sign shop in the upstairs section of the gun store.