• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Direct Acrylic Prints Supplier ?

Chad.

I am looking for a direct to acrylic print supplier.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We print them a lot but not direct to the acrylic. Print on display film, then use permanent double sided optically clear mounting adhesive to reverse mount it to the acrylic. Prints reverse mounted this way alway look awesome. Fortunate for us - I have a local shop about 5 miles from here who I can send a vector shape to and they will lasercut the acrylic for me very reasonably. PM me if you want their website or the cheapest supplier I've found for aluminum standoffs. The mounting film we use is General Formulations Concept 106.

Chad.

We print them a lot but not direct to the acrylic. Print on display film, then use permanent double sided optically clear mounting adhesive to reverse mount it to the acrylic. Prints reverse mounted this way alway look awesome. Fortunate for us - I have a local shop about 5 miles from here who I can send a vector shape to and they will lasercut the acrylic for me very reasonably. PM me if you want their website or the cheapest supplier I've found for aluminum standoffs. The mounting film we use is General Formulations Concept 106.

I have done this for other applications, but the client has requested direct print. I guess they had some in the past that over time had shrinkage and showed an adhesive line around the edges.

Chad,
We print directly on Acrylic. Our only limitation is that our Max print size is 11.75" x 16.5". Here is a link to some of the products we have done. http://recognition-direct.com/awards/acrylic-blocks We sell to re-sellers.

I wish you had larger capability. The smallest piece of the project is 23x17 and the largest is 48x36.

thorscore

I know RB Fabrications has a larger version of our machine http://rbfabrication.com/ The only thing is the last time I talked to them they did not print to edge. It would be worth giving them a try, they might have changed. We used to not either until we figured out a process that kept the ink from flaking.

signs2trade

We are a merchant member and just finished installing our HP FB500 today. We should be able to print direct to acrylic edge to edge. We also have a router to cut the acrylic and can flame polish the edges to make them crystal clear.

Custom_Grafx

I have done this for other applications, but the client has requested direct print. I guess they had some in the past that over time had shrinkage and showed an adhesive line around the edges.

How about using cast instead of calendered?

iSign

How about using cast instead of calendered?
The client wants "direct print" ...so that's why the op needs a source...
Odds are the op is well aware of cast vinyl, but also aware of the importance of providing the solution the client asts for...

Try Scott sign systems. They did some for me recently!