• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disable Sensor on Seal 54 Base Laminator

grafixemporium

Anyone know if it's possible to disable the optical safety sensor on the the Seal 54 Base laminator? If so, how?? I love my laminator, but that thing is a major nuisance. I find myself having to mount vinyl in slow mode because it's nearly impossible to do in normal mode without the sensor tripping every 5 seconds.

vid

What thickness are you laminating that you can't keep the material flat?

We haven't had ours that long to run in to any issues... (aside from catastrophic screw-ups that are oooooobviously perpetrated by my co-workers from across the room LOL)

Locking in the blue hold down for thin material and/or rolling it next to a same size table for thicker substrates resolve most of my issues --- haven't gone past 1/2", though.

Love ours too, BTW,

grafixemporium

I have only mounted on coroplast so far. Haven't tried anything thicker. With the table up or locked down it trips the sensor every single time at least once. Usually it won't start back up until I either turn off the laminator or switch to slow mode. I've resorted to mounting in slow mode now out of frustration.

grafixemporium

I guess I should clarify... I have no problems laminating at all. It works like a charm every time. I only run into problems when I'm mounting to a substrate.

vid

I'll have to look at ours today and figure out what I'm doing or how ours is set up to --- for the most part --- not trip the beam.

As for disabling it, I'm sure there's always a way, but liability issues my arise with use by others.

Sticky Signs

What's making the sensor trip? No offense, but it kinda sounds like operator error.
It's been many years since I've run a seal but I seem to remember putting a piece of tape over the sensors did the trick. I could be wrong though. Plus, I'm sure sensor technology has changed quite a bit.
It was either that or you could just unplug them.

adamfilip

I just got a Seal Base 62 and ive run into this issue.. learning it.
when i tried mounting onto some 3mm sintra.. the subtrate is going into the nip and the vinyl is held over it at like 45 degrees and it ends up hitting the safety sensor... and we ended up doing it in slow mode with that really annoying beeping..

I found after you insert the substrate. hang the vinyl over the top roller towards the back. so that it basically wraps half way around the roller and keep the tension even..pull back the vinyl liner and feed it through

i did it this way and it didnt trip the sensor

fred.allen

Photo sensor Errors

Anyone know if it's possible to disable the optical safety sensor on the the Seal 54 Base laminator? If so, how?? I love my laminator, but that thing is a major nuisance. I find myself having to mount vinyl in slow mode because it's nearly impossible to do in normal mode without the sensor tripping every 5 seconds.

Were you ever able to figure out your photo sensor error problems? I have the same issue with my machine. Replaced the sensor on the left already, now going to replace the sensor on the right!

paul luszcz

This:

I found after you insert the substrate. hang the vinyl over the top roller towards the back. so that it basically wraps half way around the roller and keep the tension even..pull back the vinyl liner and feed it through

and this.

putting a piece of tape over the sensors did the trick.

I assume the model you have doesn't have a foot pedal because using that instead of turning on the feed causes the sensors to sound but not stop the rollers.