• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disappearing Dongle

Vinyldog

Computer is having trouble seeing the hasp key for Signlab 8 rev.1 lately. Switching to a different USB port has been the remedy so far, so I would think it's a problem with the computer. Or is it? Maybe a problem caused by Windows-7 or the security key?
Restarting doesn't help. Plugging back in to the same port doesn't work. Other things work fine in the same USB port.

timgo

Graphics Designer
SignLab 8.0 dongle...

Computer is having trouble seeing the hasp key for Signlab 8 rev.1 lately. Switching to a different USB port has been the remedy so far, so I would think it's a problem with the computer. Or is it? Maybe a problem caused by Windows-7 or the security key?
Restarting doesn't help. Plugging back in to the same port doesn't work. Other things work fine in the same USB port.

Remove the program SignLab 8.0 and install it again.

scooby

Hi I have sl9.1 procut and my usb dongle started doing that and eventually even windows did not see it, talked to cadlink the dongle is dead and they dont fix it, so it's £100 to get a replacement. before it goes completely you might think about cloning it (google) i wish i had.

netsol

i would think you have corrupted usb information stored, that doesn't match what the device reports to windows
easiest fix i suppose is to use

USBOblivion: Remove traces of old connected USB Drives from Windows PC
one word of warning, you may have to reinstall other usb devices (mouse and kbd are easy, just unplug and reconnect.
printer may require a fresh download

it is possible the usb port is "going bad".

you can add a pci express usb card for under$20 unless it is a laptop we're talking about

pm me if you want, i will help if i can

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I always noticed it happened whenever I plugged in my camera via a USB cable. Somehow the device manager was disabling the dongle port every time.

Double check you device manger to see if that is the case.

JB

DougWestwood

Have you had that USB key for a long time?
Many USB key drives have a watch-sized battery inside. See if you can replace it.