• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discounted Adobe Illy cs3

Charlie J

k i found it....you can also upgrade photoshop from photoshop elements for $199.99

edit: its still $549.99 to upgrade from elements

Goatboy

Never understood why Adobe folks peruse here...only thing CS3 is good for is to save and disable compression. Spent 5000+ so some lazy firm cat doesnt have to be told for the 15th time to to convert to outlines, provide linked tiffs, and dis-able compression. And mind you one of the people I look up to most for realizism uses Adobe and a Mac...sigh...google Bert Monroy sometime

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I think he means 5000 bucks... i have had crappy Corel files too, idiotic production files are not exclusive to Adobe users

Seems like we can't answer certain questions being asked in the Corel forum... even though some of use Illy users are Corel users too... just answering questions.. never stated which was better.

iSign

oh... I thought he mean 5000 dimes, as that's a lot closer to what I had to pay for CS3

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Maybe it is 5000 dimes....I spent around 73,000 nickels for all my Adobe Suite, Corel and upgrades through the years...

Alan D

Personally I would like to hear from Illy users here, I would be interested to hear what they believe is better in Illy than Corel. I have had both and took off Illy because it couldn't hold a candle to Corel - granted that was sometime ago and obviously Illy has improved but so has Draw. I suspect Illy being an 'industry standard' is more to do with history rather than functionality/features and ease of use.
I am not knocking Illy or Adobe in general but I can't help but feel that they are just a little overated and if you were to compare price then overpriced as well. I am speaking as a general signmaker and typesetter, small business.
Discuss.
Alan D

iSign

Personally I would like to hear from Illy users here, I would be interested to hear what they believe is better in Illy than Corel.
This topic's been beat to death for years... use the search tool.

In my opinion, nobody whose worth listening to says illy's "better"anyway... which I guess says something about what I think of your opinion...

...in fact, if you're looking for someone to spend their time going down a list of feature after feature typing up some complex comparison...

...how about you go first :cool:

Alan D

I was thinking more of an uptodate comment on how different users use it/them within their particular workflow rather than a general comparison but thanks for you invaluable help anyway, it gives me an insight on what to expect when I ask a genuine question.
Alan D

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use both but prefer Illustrator over Corel. Corel left a real bad taste in my mouth with it's color management in the early days, as well as continual RIP problems. I am sure these have been addressed, but Corel will never be my main design program, although it has some features and tools (just like any other program) that work better just as Illy has some things that have it going on over Corel.

I just use whatever tool's best for the job. Kind of like a carpenter. Wouldn't use a screwdriver to hammer in a nail.

SuperSignsMP

I just called and placed an order for 1 version. The sales rep told me that you can do this for every copy of corel that you have. All you need is the corel serial number to unlock the CS3. Seems like a pretty good deal, the cheapest oem version of CS3 I have found was $299, and this is coming straight from Adobe.

Service Sign Co

I received a copy about a week ago,they didn't ask for any serial #'s It loaded without any corel #'s. Nice upgrade especially from ver.8 that I had.