• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Distorting or skewing graphics

graywoulf

Here's the deal. I have to design some graphics for a car hood so I took a digital picture of the hood. But not being able to take a square on, top down picture I do the best I can which still ends up being a photo taken from an angle. Now I have imported my .jpg picture into Flexi and I need to distort the picture to have a better view to work with as well as being able to resize the angles to near their proper dimensions. How can I distort the imported .jpg picture to suit my needs and to have a better scaled pic to work with?

Thanks for any help on this!

threeputt

Seems to me you'd be better off taking some careful measurements at several points and creating a "shape" that resembles the hood.

I imagine that most hoods are trapezoidal in shape. Basically a square that's squashed in at the top. Maybe yours is more complex, but you can create a shape that looks like that, can't you?

If you'd like, send me an idea of what you're trying to do. Pm me for my email address.

pure_media

Yeah Flexi doesn't have that ability with bitmap, you will have to go into photoshop under edit - transform - distort. tweak it till proper alignment.

graywoulf

Well I was hoping for a way to do this in Flexi but I'll take the photo into Photoshop and correct the angles. I wish we had the software with all of the vehicle line drawings and such but that is a bit expensive. Thanks for everybody's time and input that responded.