• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DIY Printhead Replacement

rjssigns

Here is what I learned about DIY head replacement.

DO NOT DO IT!

Mechanically, the replacement is easy.
Trying to get a decent print is something else. Been battling it since Wednesday. Let that sink in.
When you order a printhead they will gladly take your money then send you the head/dampers and a link to download the manual.
The manual is hard to understand. Especially when they are showing a picture of a damper and calling it a solenoid.

After that you get email support and that takes hours and hours(up to 24) Begging for a phone call does nothing.
Dumb ass me thought this would be different but the seller is no better than anyone else.
All sunshine and rainbows when money is coming their way but God help you should you need phone support.
I am not naming names either so deal with it.

Threw in the towel, tucked my tail and made the call. Tech will be in the shop Monday.
The headaches and acid reflux ain't worth it.

Two printheads in 7 months has made me rethink what I want to be doing at this stage in my life.
Bleeding money is not one of them.
If I decide to stay in the game my next printer will have user replaceable heads.
Probably be the Epson resin. Mutoh has gone sour for me.

Going to be MIA from the forum indefinitely.

Cheers all, I'll see ya when I see ya.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Is it true that you are required to replace the printhead for every x amount of ink cartridges used on HP latex?

Is it true that you are required to replace the printhead for every x amount of ink cartridges used on HP latex?
With HP Latex printers, printheads are a consumable item in the same sense that ink is a consumable. With the Latex 700 and 800 Series, printheads are typically being replaced when 6-8 liters of ink have been jetted from that head (with the exception of the white printheads). Note that there are 8 non-white printheads, so if each was jetting the same amount of fluid (unlikely) on average, one complete set of printheads would be replaced somewhere between 48 and 64 liters of ink have been jetted.

Last edited: