• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do this in Photoshop?

GoodPeopleFlags

Can I take a rectangle and make it look like the attached image in Photoshop? I thought I saw something recently about being able to manually distort an image by dragging the selection box points around.

I did this in Illustrator but that doesn't give me the freedom of distorting it however I want. I thought I could do it in Photoshop, so I copied and pasted my text but can't figure out how to do it afterall.

Does that make sense?

Attachments

• Wave.jpg
    Wave.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 80

GoodPeopleFlags

Ya know what sucks? The version of PS we have is so old that doesn't have the Warp tool. Or Transform - Warp. It has Transform - Distort but that doesn't work the same way. I do not own the shop. Please do not tell me to upgrade. I personally own PS, AI and Dreamweaver CS5.

We have Omega on the other computer and the distortion tools there are pretty good. Just gonna do it through there. Thanks!

"Deposit Please"

It's like a logger going to work with a butterknife. I wonder if your boss still writes with a feather. I would atleast mention it to him/her

cmaxdesigns

This is actually fairly easy to do with Adobe CS1. Go to the Filter Menu, select distort and then select wave. You can adjust the amount of curve you need with the pop up dialogue box. A good parameter to start with would be:

Number of Generators: 7
Type: Sine
Wave Length: 113 Min & 276 Max
Amplitude: 5 Min & 32 Max

This should give you the desired effect but play with it a little and you will get it exactly how you want it.

phototec

Ya know what sucks? The version of PS we have is so old that doesn't have the Warp tool. Or Transform - Warp. It has Transform - Distort but that doesn't work the same way. I do not own the shop.

I can't believe your name is Blue Fish Designs, and you are designing using 10+ year old design software in the year 2011?

Does your boss come to work in a horse and buggy?

What is his problem, if you want to be competitive in this business today, you've got to get on board and have the software to keep up with this ever changing graphic technology!

Your boss is stifling your creative juices and holding you back by NOT providing the newer version of Photoshop!

:omg2: