• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you hold Merchant Members to a higher standard?

Do you hold Merchant Members to a higher standard?

• I think Merchant Members should conduct themselves in a professional manner on Signs101

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • I think Merchant Members should unload on anyone they want here at Signs101

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I am less likely to deal with that Merchant Member because I see them as unprofessional

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • I will do business with them to get what I want

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I use restraint and professionalism with customers that say something I don’t like

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • I unload on any customer in my shop that says something I don’t like

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
An analogy for this is like Barry Bonds. Sure he cranks some jack out and beyond the outfield and wins games, he will be always remembered in his "industry". BUT on a personal level how is he? Is he good for the clubhouse and locker room? T.O., Randy Moss, Shaq?

Some might call this forum a shop, I tend to think of it as a pub or bar as a few others call it.

Pro Image

I have found a great place to talk to my friend and meet new people in the industry.................

I have the upmost respect for Fred and all the time it takes to run Signs101. I know it takes money from MM and CM to help pay the bills........That being said, thats the only reason I will never reply to any of Roger's posts...............Respect for Fred nothing more or less is the only thing that will keep me from saying what I think of Roger.............

(I just might end up getting Banned :Big Laugh )

I will not get into the crap with Roger (If any of you were a signweb regular you know what I mean.) that started on the other boards out of RESPECT for Fred..........

As for all the other MM on the boards I like them and do business with them when I can.............

Thank you for your support of Signs101!!!!!!!!!!!!:U Rock:

Replicator

Just spent 30 minutes on another forum [SW] reading thru all the back and forth banter
just like the drama we had going on here today, and to be perfectly honest I can now see
where everyone was coming from . . . Enough said !

Ken

OK Replicator - your new avatar is scaring me..yikes.
On topic..I do think that a vendor (MM) on these forums should treat us as customers in their store. BUt where do you get 50 people standing around listenening to a conversation between the salesperson/customer? - On forums like this.
It is unfair to the vendor. But the vendor should realize this.
So perhaps they should just run a banner ad or side bar ad and let the potential clients come to them.
Ken

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well I think the poll doesn't ask all the right questions and comes off as stacked to get a calculated response.

That aside, I believe it's all about courtesy and respect for all the parties involved. Some of us utilize courtesy and respect because it's part of our value system. Some of us because it's a reality of doing business if you wish to prosper.

Marlene

I agree with Fred that the poll doesn't ask the right questions. I clicked on not doing business if I think the merchant is unprofessional which, if you think about it, is prety much human nature. Remember the soup nazi, would you really buy soup from a guy like that? As far as holding merchant members to a higher standard, I don't think it's fair to do that on any thread other than one of their posting about what they are selling. If you post to sell a service or product, then I expect the merchant to remain a pro no matter what kind of stuff is posted by others in that thread. If a merchant member posts an opinion in other threads, he or she should be able to be express themselves as the rest of us are able to do. I get so tired of the "big fight" threads. I'm a sign professional logged onto a sign professional website, what I want to read about is signs and sign stuff.