• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you wear gloves while applying vinyl?

mim

0_o
I wield blades all day long - I never cut myself with the blades, but I'm chronic with paper cuts. That liner can make some pretty deep cuts. My arms get scratched up from substrates like SIntra and coro corners.

Yeah I get vinyl "paper" cuts worse than any of the pricks I get from the blades! Always in that area between my thumb and pointer finger

That's still creepy.

Oh Jerry, look at your hands, they're so full of little cuts. What on earth do you do for a living ??

Lmao, I think another factor is that I'm a chick and outside of work I dress nice so the cut up hands probably don't match my look xD

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh my..... I didn't realize using a knife or whatever was a gender kinda thing. Now, we need to add another gender card to the equation. Guess ya can't say you'd be useless in the kitchen my lil chickadee. Don't want blood in my eggs.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I weed with tweezers. Each time I stab myself with them, I get two cuts for the price of one. For cutting, a tray of scalpels (they don't roll), and I can change blades (well, pick up a new scalpel) faster than I can snap off a blade. I've not been able to feel the same precision with a snap off knife, but have one (or more) in my back pocket throughout the day (particularly useful for cutting down on the Graphtec CE6000).

Couple of months ago, optician gave me new glasses for close work that correct a mild stigmatism. I told them not to, but haven't had a chance to go back. Suddenly everything is the wrong shape and distance. Lots of stabbed fingers. But I can see that the blades are still sharp.

Working with photgraphic prints and negatives, cotton gloves. No paper cuts, and when you're hitting the too tired to work stage, normally trim the tip of the glove, before the tip of the finger.

Black nitrile gloves for sheet goods, and cleaning materials - decades of IPA mean that the skin cracks real fast - better grip means less effort in carrying.

• Agree
Reactions: mim

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Some of you people should be looking for a good employee....... or at least someone handy with sharp objects. Maybe think about switching to a chain saw. Instead of scratches and whatnot, ya can just wallop off a few digits here & there.