• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Anybody Own A Rastek H700?

BANNERS2GO

We Are Going To Be Purchasing One Within A Week. Just Wanted To See If Anyone Has One And Is There Are Any Problems With It.

eureman

My I have owned the H700UV for 1 year and 5 months. Stay away from it. I now represent a small group of users that have had multiple problems. I believe it will be easier suing them that it will be for them to solve all of the problems. In relation to the inks draining out, they have a vacuum problem. When the machine is off it will not maintain the vacuum needed to keep the inks in the lines. I've purchased 60 plus bottles of ink and the waste equates to 36 bottles of ink. They came up with a solution, put a 24V power supply to the pump so that the pump runs even when the machine is off. The problem is that the pump is only good for about 5000 hrs. When they installed the new "24V solution" the pump died in less than three weeks. I'm down now for the ??????? time and cannot get their service dept. to return my calls.
post from previous thread:

Clyde_13

Hi guys, 1st post so apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum!.
Hello from the uk!, I'm a netware server engineer so excuse my ignorance
as I know nothing about printers. My wives company are about to receive delivery
of a raster H700UV, I'm putting in a pc to run the rip software but I can't find any info
regarding the type of interface on the printer I.e USB, Ethernet, scsi.? I have asked the
salesman who didn't know and have seen some ref on the net that it may be scsi?.
If anyone can let me know it would be much appreciated. If it is
scuzzy, can u let me know if 68pin HD , lvd??? Anything welcome.

Cheers
graeme

dhawkes

Wide Format Fan
Rastek printheads

Prep, Do you have the spectra or Toshiba printheads in your 700? I think Rastek dropped Spectra because of reliability issues. Does anyone know if they are upgrading older printers with the new printheads?

Nameci

Rastek H700's afaik were Toshiba CA4's. Water heated with 8 level grey scale. Have worked on the factory that built those.

My I have owned the H700UV for 1 year and 5 months. Stay away from it. I now represent a small group of users that have had multiple problems. I believe it will be easier suing them that it will be for them to solve all of the problems. In relation to the inks draining out, they have a vacuum problem. When the machine is off it will not maintain the vacuum needed to keep the inks in the lines. I've purchased 60 plus bottles of ink and the waste equates to 36 bottles of ink. They came up with a solution, put a 24V power supply to the pump so that the pump runs even when the machine is off. The problem is that the pump is only good for about 5000 hrs. When they installed the new "24V solution" the pump died in less than three weeks. I'm down now for the ??????? time and cannot get their service dept. to return my calls.
post from previous thread:
Hello,

I recently read a post by you regarding the Rastek h700 and was wondering if you have had any luck with your machine or dealings with the company you bought the machine off. I own and operate a sign company in Melbourne Australia and bought my own h700 machine approx 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it. I am at a point now were the company which I bought this off has done very little to rectify the issues. Any information you have will be helpful...

TechnologyGrl

RE: BossSignConcepts

We also purchased a Rastek H700 about three years ago. It has been an absolute nightmare. This machine was a lemon if I ever saw one, it broke down for weeks at a time, we constantly had to have circuit boards replaced, our service on it from Rastek was not good at all. What I know now is that Rastek was bought out by another company. Although there are still Rasteks in production, EFI recently stopped manufacturing the H700 inks. You will need to talk to your supplier about converting the inks to H650. Also, when our computer crashed we also found out that the RIP software is no longer supported so we almost lost our entire machine. Luckily we were able to get it re-booted and recover the print drivers. Hmm what else? Oh they had installed a retrofit part that was to maintain the negative pressure for the ink lines but I found out that the average life span of this was only a year. Since then we have been getting lots of air in our lines. Remember when you bought the machine and they told you to purge the lines for 10 seconds at a time? Now they say it should only be for 2-3 seconds at a time or it can do damage. Our printer still stops periodically in the middle of runs and the head doesn't return to home. This has happened since day one. Oh and I hope you haven't had any head crashes because the print heads are $2000 a pop. All the information I got about changes to the machine I had to seek out myself or find out the hard way. Rastek would update their practices and not inform the customer so they could properly operate the machine, then when you called for service you got yelled at, even though you followed the manuel to a T. Good luck with your machine, hopefully you will have less headaches then we have!

And for those of you in the market, be wary. . . :banghead:
100 Gs and the machine isn't supported less then 3 years later... anyone up for a class action?

particleman

Not sure why anyone buys this machine. We got a very poor demo of one at the ISA show a few years ago and that was enough for me. Nearly every thread on this forum that mentions this printer is negative.