• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone buy back empty SS2 cartridges?

gabagoo

I tried contacting them and never got a response, but i believe they take all the leftover ink and repackage it for sale. Looks fishy to me

dbenec

as of feb. this year staples will give you $3 store credit for ANY cartridge turned in. and it doesn't matter what brand or even if they sell it. i've taken toner, ink carts from a wide range of sources.

you can turn in 10 per month for the credit. beyond that they'll take them but you only get credit for the first 10.

initially you sign up for staples rewards, they basically enter your card number when you walk in and print you a receipt showing how many you turned in.

you get a store credit check mailed to you each month - that's valid for 2 months.

you get the store credit and they stay out of the landfill. :thumb:

they possibly could take more if you signed up as a business - not sure about that part.

dbenec

i've turned in a bag of 10 which contained some epson dye carts, some epson pigment carts and a laser toner cart. all they did was count them, scan my card and hand me a receipt.

dbenec

and as an add'l note they were the 220 ml epson carts which i'm pretty sure they don't sell.

figure there's always something you could use the store credit on whether it's for the kids school projects, resume paper, office inkjet printer ink or software / game.

TheSnowman

Humm...I saved all mine for about a year, then decided to trash them. I'll start takin' them to Staples if they'll do something w/ them though.