• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone else enjoy working late?

mikey-Oh

:thread
Yeah. He designs them for a living.
I watched a series of videos he made for(or from?) carwraps.net before the Avery merger...
quite a bit of the same.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Wrap-x it is one of those deals you have to sign up for before it started.
I am not sure how I got on the list to get the invite - maybe when I registered the 1304.

CheapVehicleWrap

Yeah - I don't use them often. And I never use the energy shots. Monster and Red Bull only and only when I'm doing wrap installations. And I limit myself to usually only one per day. Mainly during the end of my day to keep me "going" Although - I have pushed the limits on them once or twice. However I try and plan for the next 4-5 hours if I do take one. I've had instances where I took had one about 7 or 8 pm and I ended up finishing by like 9 or 10 but when I got home and was ready to slow down and relax for the evening I couldn't. I was physically exhausted but my brain was wired and I could feel my heart trying to beat through my rib cage. That was the last time I took 3 in one day and the last time I'll have one after 5 pm. It was not pleasent.

BTW, it was redbulls I believe he was taking not the shots. Try using them during rather than at the end should be a little easier on your system. In other words.... plan your crash. You'll extend your productivity time and crash easier. If you think you need a little more try coffee in the end rather than the drinks. At least for me I can sleep drinking coffee right before bed.

WrapperX

Normally I'll go with the Monster - I think it taste better but they are all very tart. And I do ration them so that I'm not still all hopped up on them for when I finish. Like I said earlier I did that once and it was an unpleasent evening trying to relax with all that coarsing through my viens. Honestly though - I don't ever get that so called "crash" where all of a sudden the energy drink is gone and I'm feeling more tired then I was. Typically - I'll have one 2-3 hours into my installation depending on the scope of job. Which usually gives me an extra boost for an additional 3-4 hours. As for using coffee - I think the stuff is nasty! I've never been a fan of the bitterness - and no matter what you put into it, it still has that coffee taste. All my friends through HS and College were coffee drinkers and they all tried to get me to try this or try that and they all said the same thing - "It doesn't even taste like coffee" Even my wife trys to get me to try different flavors. Just not my cup of tea. But I'll head your wisdom Wraps and I'll take it easy. :thumb:

weaselboogie

I don't mind working late but I rarely sacrifice family time. I'll lose sleep before I miss time with them.

If I'm working on a big project, its not uncommon for me to be up for days. Ill usually squeeze in an hour or two of sleep per day, but I can and have done this up to a week at a time. I'll usually drink Pepsi like its water, and the energy shots don't seem to do a lot for me either. I'll get tired, but the main thing to keep me going is not to sit down. A break to check s101 and I'm nodding.

The biggest project I ever did was 3 hours of sleep a night for 4 months. I'd see the family from 6 til 10 , and back down to the shop til 4am. Up at 8am, back in the shop at 9 til 6. I'm sure that job took a couple of years off my life.

Impact Image

Got a cargo hauler to finish before 8am tomorrow morning and everything I've touched today has turned to complete sh!t.

Here's to working late.

It is nice to have that freedom.