• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Does anyone have a good recommendation for print vinyl that will stick to outdoor Ice merchandisers?

BDA

In the past, I haven't had a problem with this, but lately my clients have been complaining of the vinyl peeling off of the doors. Just would like a recommendation for something that's going to stick! I'm hoping this isn't just my installers being lazy and not cleaning the doors. Thanks for the help!

BDA

what are the doors made of? High energy plastic?
No. Textured Metal like these....outdoors in Texas
2F855D51-3E0C-4EF0-81B4-46A35866AF0C.jpeg

Val47

If Hi-tac vinyl won't stick to that (and I doubt it will for long), then nothing will, cept maybe paint. even then...

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Alumigraphics if all else fails:

jfiscus

Rap Master
If that is stainless steel then use a vinyl specifically for stainless. 3M makes a vinyl 180SLS that we use for trailers that are stainless or have stainless rear doors. After we switched to that for those areas we no longer have any peeling issues with stainless steel wraps. The white on those is usually 3552C wrap, so that may work for the doors also?

gnubler

I'm bidding on a similar project, customer wants printed vinyl wrapped on three sides of a refrigerator unit. Two sides are smooth and the back is textured, see pics. Is this feasible with printed vinyl, or will it look weird with the texture or not bond well?

Attachments

• 20211118_120254.jpg
    20211118_120254.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20211118_120259.jpg
    20211118_120259.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 108

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm bidding on a similar project, customer wants printed vinyl wrapped on three sides of a refrigerator unit. Two sides are smooth and the back is textured, see pics. Is this feasible with printed vinyl, or will it look weird with the texture or not bond well?
I would use cast vinyl on the sides - skip the back, nothing will stick to that for long.

gnubler

Will do, thank you. My challenge is finding a vendor to print on a particular vinyl - I outsource all printing. I also wonder if lamination would affect the final piece, make it less conformable.

gnubler

Why not put your print on a piece of ACM and attach that to the doors?
I thought of doing something like that, it sure would be easier. I think PVC/Sintra would work okay also. Attach with VHB? The biggest piece would be 54x64".

ChicagoGraphics

I use to screen print onto mylar for ice boxes just like that in the past, the problem was they couldn't get them off when they wanted them changed. Not sure if there is a digital mylar product on the market though

karst41

Hi Tac adhesives will not adhere to all materials. You need adhesive for Plastics.
Convex is a well known favorite. 3m 3650, 3m IJ 180c LSE, 3m IJ 39 is an intermediate so no
on that one. Oracal has a LSE Ink Jet media. Look up the specs online or call your jobber.

Ihope this helps.