• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone have any thoughts/issues on the Avery SW 900 wrapping film?

TSC1985

Hello All,

We have a client that is very interested in a Avery SW 900 EZ wrapping film color, Cardinal Red. I have never used this product and am wondering if there are any issues or tips/tricks for using this product versus the 1080. We have done a few boxes worth of wraps with the 1005ez and loved it but Fellers puts this:
"Colors with an asterisk* may be less than fully opqaque and may demonstrate color shift when applied, or allow show through of paint lines or dissimilar colors, or overlap of material" with their red colors, is this true? Has anyone had this shift happen to this with this material?

Thank you for your answers!

Bogie1of8

We did these two recently with Avery cardinal red and they went great. White lettering is overlay

Attachments

• Fish Window Cleaning Subaru Wrap.jpg
    Fish Window Cleaning Subaru Wrap.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 166
  • Fish Window Cleaning Truck.jpg
    Fish Window Cleaning Truck.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 158
As long as your car is one solid color, and you do not have any seams, you shouldn't notice any color shifts. If you have for example a two tone paint job, especially with both dark and light colors, you might notice the red will look slightly different on each color. Same as if you do a seam and overlap. The overlap area will have a slight color shift. Quite a few colors are like that, so you just have to plan accordingly when laying out the car

T_K

I've recently had my first crack at this material. But it was black, which should be the most resistant to color variation, I would think.

The main thing I noticed is that I had to use more heat in application to get adhere firmly than the 1005 EZ. The texture in the adhesive is different - not the honeycomb I've come to expect from the 1005.
I was also applying this on a non-traditional substrate - textured panel (customer supplied). Once we hit it with a good post heat, everything looked good, it just took about 20-30% longer to finish than when we've used the 1005 on the same surface.