• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone have tips on how to import parts reducing costs with taxes?

SAULO

Hi guys, I live in Brazil and I have 3 mimaki plotters (2x jv300, 1xTS34) all with SB54 ink from mimaki, the TS34 printer has been working for almost 6 years without changing anything, while the jv300 I need to buy print heads for both with less 2 years of use, the problem is that here in my country the head is costing $4k, a real absurdity!!! so I started looking for print heads and importing, I was able to find it on digiprint for $2,200 the problem is that the import tax here in Brazil is 100%, so I would need a company that issues an invoice lower than the purchase amount, so that it becomes feasible to carry out the import, does anyone have any tips on what we can do?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My neighbor is flying down there Friday night. I could throw some in her luggage for ya. It'll cost ya.

Johnny Best

Use to ship auto parts to the islands and we would take the new part an rub grease and oil on it and put it in a regular box to make it looked used. They do not charge as much tax on used parts as they do new. We bought a new car and disassembled it and shipped it that way instead of paying import taxes as a complete new car. Check with shipping company.

netsol

Be careful, saulo
40 years ago, a good friend was exporting electronic parts to Barbados. They have a very high import duty
He was approached by a local, whose uncle ran the freight operation at one of the local airports
He told him, give my uncle $1000 & he will save you 90% of the duty fees.
Switch airports and dummy up An invoice showing 1 item for every 10 you are shipping. You pay the fee for what the invoice shows, not what you actually ship

When his product reached Miami, they stole 90 % of his product, but the local police were confused, he had exactly what the bills of lading showed

So, be careful, saulo
These vultures will pick your bones clean

SAULO

Be careful, saulo
40 years ago, a good friend was exporting electronic parts to Barbados. They have a very high import duty
He was approached by a local, whose uncle ran the freight operation at one of the local airports
He told him, give my uncle $1000 & he will save you 90% of the duty fees.
Switch airports and dummy up An invoice showing 1 item for every 10 you are shipping. You pay the fee for what the invoice shows, not what you actually ship

When his product reached Miami, they stole 90 % of his product, but the local police were confused, he had exactly what the bills of lading showed

So, be careful, saulo
These vultures will pick your bones clean
I don't need the store to omit the quantity of parts, I just need to reduce the unit value of each part, as retailers are not doing this (although they have done this for me in the past) I would need a company that receives the parts and replaces the original invoice for one of a lower value and send it to my address. I'm not comfortable finding a way to avoid paying taxes, but it's a matter of survival. I've even located companies in the US with storage depots that take purchases from multiple locations, zip and centralize everything in a single box, and resend to the recipient in a single volume. (but they don't change the invoice).

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What you're asking is a Federal crime in the US that could end up in prison time. Not sure if you'll find someone willing to take that risk.

SAULO

What you're asking is a Federal crime in the US that could end up in prison time. Not sure if you'll find someone willing to take that risk.
I understand perfectly and I don't feel well, honestly I'm already thinking about keeping the equipment while it has the legal 3-year warranty, after this period I will sell this equipment (50% of the purchase price) and buy new ones, thus renewing the warranty , here if I buy a new printhead I will only have a 3 month warranty, does mimaki's policy in the US also work like that?

netsol

I don't need the store to omit the quantity of parts, I just need to reduce the unit value of each part, as retailers are not doing this (although they have done this for me in the past) I would need a company that receives the parts and replaces the original invoice for one of a lower value and send it to my address. I'm not comfortable finding a way to avoid paying taxes, but it's a matter of survival. I've even located companies in the US with storage depots that take purchases from multiple locations, zip and centralize everything in a single box, and resend to the recipient in a single volume. (but they don't change the invoice).

I understand.
My point is, with any arrangement like this, anyone who agrees has some plan to rip you off.

No one is going to commit a federal crime to be a nice guy.