• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone know what type of Vinyl is used for Roommates and Fathead Wall Stickers?

idolux

Hi all,

Hi searched and found some very old threads.
Does anyone know what type of vinyl these companies use these days?
Roommates wall decals are translucent, so it's probably different than the Fathead material.
Are there any other recommendations for Removable Vinyl products?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

rjssigns

Some years back I printed a ton of Wall Noodle. It was for the interiors of cell phone stores. Prints were quite nice and best part was no call backs.

If you're not printing full bleed the micro-dot product from BigFish is good.

I've printed on some others but can't remember the brand names.

victor bogdanov

Hi all,

Hi searched and found some very old threads.
Does anyone know what type of vinyl these companies use these days?
Roommates wall decals are translucent, so it's probably different than the Fathead material.
Are there any other recommendations for Removable Vinyl products?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

I use a permanent adhesive clear vinyl (oracal 651 or similar) to create decals similar to roommates. The permanent adhesive eliminates any "not sticking" problems (which are common with modern paints) and it is still removable. Fathead - there are lots of 6mil vinyls that work the same way, again I prefer permanent adhesive, still removable and eliminates very high failure rate of removable adhesives

tulsagraphics

I use a permanent adhesive clear vinyl (oracal 651 or similar) to create decals similar to roommates. The permanent adhesive eliminates any "not sticking" problems (which are common with modern paints) and it is still removable. Fathead - there are lots of 6mil vinyls that work the same way, again I prefer permanent adhesive, still removable and eliminates very high failure rate of removable adhesives
651 is primarily for cut vinyl applications, but you can certainly print on it. (Technically, Orafol has it spec'd for thermal transfer printing - so your mileage may vary with solvent/latex/UV). My favorite is General Formulations (I stock 4 different series from them) -- very consistent print quality, and weeds like a dream.

victor bogdanov

651 is primarily for cut vinyl applications, but you can certainly print on it. (Technically, Orafol has it spec'd for thermal transfer printing - so your mileage may vary with solvent/latex/UV). My favorite is General Formulations (I stock 4 different series from them) -- very consistent print quality, and weeds like a dream.
I have some unlaminated 651 and the general formulations equivalent printed with roland inks from 5+ years ago on cars and hasn't aged a bit. 99% of vinyl I print is the GF calendared vinyl (the cut vinyl type, "not printable") - 0 problems, ill look up the item number in the morning

tulsagraphics

I have some unlaminated 651 and the general formulations equivalent printed with roland inks from 5+ years ago on cars and hasn't aged a bit. 99% of vinyl I print is the GF calendared vinyl (the cut vinyl type, "not printable") - 0 problems, ill look up the item number in the morning
Yeah, you can definitely print on it -- I just recall having some print issues due to smudges, fingerprints and other stuff that can happen to cut vinyl during mfg. (since it isn't usually handled with gloves at the factory)

idolux

I didn't know you can print on 651. Has anyone tried the transparent 3164? It's permanent adhesive, and, much more cost effective than 651.

MGB_LE

Were you ever able to locate the part number?