• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone out there do silkscreen wall text?

depps74

I am interested in outsourcing silkscreen wall text for clients. Does anyone out there still practice this way of signmaking?

Dave

Bill Modzel

I used to have a screen print shop before there was cutter printed vinyl. At this point in time I see no advantage in it. Use floor and wall vinyl.

depps74

I used to have a screen print shop before there was cutter printed vinyl. At this point in time I see no advantage in it. Use floor and wall vinyl.
A lot of my clients are museums in NYC and the one guy who did it closed his shop and not selling the business. There is a lot of money to be made in this skill if I can find one person to train me or show me the ropes.

rjssigns

Interesting. Never heard of silk screening on walls but why not? If there is that much profit to be had buy some supplies and figure it out

Fastest way to screen print something is to cut 4mil vinyl and apply to a washed screen.
Saves all the work of "burning" films, working with emulsion etc...
I know as this is what I used to do. Got out of it when I was tired of the clean up and dealing with another waste stream.

Wouldn't take much to build and paint a practice wall.

CVS

We were actually asked to do this by a new art gallery in our city. We'd never done it before so we passed on it. If we had had more time we would have figured it out but opening day was close and we didn't want to be responsible for having to repaint a wall!