• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone use these?

Johnny Best

Have had this when I screen printed metal plates before laying down ink.

Attachments

• 4FFE6B62-6C0B-41FF-881A-97C923BA1C24.jpeg
    4FFE6B62-6C0B-41FF-881A-97C923BA1C24.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 319

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I used to use them when I first ventured into making signs 50 years ago. I bought a machine that vacuum formed plastic sheet which we then finished as magnetic signs. The roller brayers were then used coat the tops of letters with screen ink.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Same as CanuckSigns - lay down glued banner hems and also on weeded vinyl before we pre-mask to get it to go back flat on the backer.

Johnny Best

This is not a braver, this a silicone roller, 6” that picks up lint, dust and small debris. You roll it over a adhesive sheet to get dirt off so to use it again.
Dust Removal System.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Same here, we used to do thousands of signs for a department store chain and we had several sets of various size letters and numbers. I believe our biggest setup was about 14" x 22". We could halve it and get a 22" x 28".

I have it all tucked away. I'll see if I can find that stuff anymore. Cripes, that was back in the late 70's and early 80's till the computers started doing it faster, yet.

1659362902131.png

petepaz

they have a system set up like that in our silk screen department. there is some sort of pad they roll the roller on then they roll the material (i believe that cleans the roller) .
helps remove particles and static

Evan Gillette

I used to work in a cleanroom and they were used for cleaning walls and surfaces. I wanted one a couple years ago for cleaning panels before application but didn't want to spend the $150+ or whatever the sign supply places were charging so I went on amazon and got the same thing for $25. I use vinyl scraps to clean it instead of the pads, works great!