• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does your vinyl ever behave like this?

gabagoo

This roll is a 3ml general formulations vinyl. I am not sure but I think the backing paper is a lot lighter than it used to be as I get this problem happening quite a bit with their films. Only in the 48" rolls mind you..
I have also had it the odd time with 3M sc50 vinyls as well. Possibly a humidity problem, but very aggravating. Even if I sit there and roll it out manually it just starts crimping up.

Attachments

• gf.JPG
    gf.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 74

CanuckSigns

This roll is a 3ml general formulations vinyl. I am not sure but I think the backing paper is a lot lighter than it used to be as I get this problem happening quite a bit with their films. Only in the 48" rolls mind you..
I have also had it the odd time with 3M sc50 vinyls as well. Possibly a humidity problem, but very aggravating. Even if I sit there and roll it out manually it just starts crimping up.

i get it with really cheap vinyl, like Proveer's house brand, but most of my standard vinyl is ok, I think it's a humidity thing.