• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Domed / lensed decals - material enquiry

Forty One

Hi all,

I have a question relating to the domed/lensed decals. More directly towards beer tap decals.
when creating die cut 75mm dia (3 inch) labels, approx how many mls of resin/gel are you allowing for per badge?
we're starting off at the very novice level of creating these for customers and am only using the self applicator gun with a 50 or 75ml cartridge.

unclebun

When we did domed decals, it wasn't a matter of finding some specific amount (we were hand applying using a syringe) of resin. It was applying enough without applying too much. I guess if you had one of those automated dispensers you'd have to figure out the number of milliliters.

rjssigns

1 milliliter is equal to 1 cubic centimeter. Some basic grade school math for volume will tell you the rest. When I dome decals the dome is roughly 3/32"/2.38mm tall.

10.858cc's of fluid per decal.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I think I figured it out.

Attachments

• 26c7e1c3f09e0609111eae6003837d3a.jpg
    26c7e1c3f09e0609111eae6003837d3a.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 159