• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dont know about you, but my buisiness just stopped

MikePro

its real for now, out of paranoia of what it could do left unchecked.... like italy. granted, 1/3 of their population is over 60yrs old and nobody even had a clue this was a thing until the entire country was infected and were showing big numbers of pneumonia patients.

Stay safe out there, as the virus isn't nearly as scary as what a mass of crazed/paranoid humans looking after themselves/families are capable of.

...and p.s. vaccines don't just appear and start working immediately. stay in school, we're looking at more like 18months (linked for explanation)
testing/tracking & keeping this thing away from those that cannot simply get "the flu" will see us through this hump. unfortunate that we have to shutdown everything for a few weeks to make sure we "stop the bleeding" in the meantime.

letterman7

H1N1 was spread out over 18 months. Covid-19 has been 4 months so far. It is not the flu, though all "flu" are coronavirus. Vaccines are 18 months out - they do have protocols for testing and distribution (wife is a pharm tech). "Flu" has the distinction of having herd immunity - all of us have a certain level for most viruses out there. This one is different - it's new, and already mutated twice. There is no immunity from it. So, bottom line, distance yourselves as much as possible. There are people out there that are contagious but not showing. It won't be over anytime soon, even with warmer weather coming.

That said, to get back on topic, no real slowdown here. 95% of my business is for first responders and auto repair so nobody is closed.

neutrinocv

A vaccine is not going to be available until at least the middle of next year. This notion that a vaccine is fixing to go into distribution is bull$#1+.

This outbreak is going to get considerably worse. The Spring Breakers aren't worrying about it at all. But the outbreak will get real for them if people they know, maybe even family members, start getting hospitalized and dying from it.

I don't believe there is any kind of omnipresent "mother nature" spiritual thing. But I absolutely do believe we, mankind have the power and inclination to ignorance to kill ourselves by destroying our habitat. The ocean in several parts of the world has been reduced to a life-less toilet. Rampant over-fishing is taking place everywhere else. Many of the medicines we need to treat illness and disease are created from organic sources found in places like rain forests. Well, the Amazon is getting clear cut and burned down.

When the President called this novel coronavirus the "Chinese Virus" a whole bunch of people shouted "racism!" Well, it is technically a Chinese Virus. The truth hurts. It's not 100% proven, but it is very likely this virus originated in a "wet market" in Wuhan. Those markets are absolutely disgusting. There are videos of these things online. It's not just a wide variety of live animals cooped up in cages. There's lots of dead ones too. The workers are killing and chopping up these animals right there with no sanitary practices at all. You'll see cages with live dogs inside, but with a couple dead dogs draped over the top. Blood and other fluids are all over the ground. I'm sure the stink has to be unbelievable. That environment is a perfect breeding ground for all kinds of pathogens. People are crammed into these markets. Animal to human transmission of pathogens is likely there. Wet markets like that are precisely why the US has things like the USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.
It is a fact that the virus originated in China. But Trump calling it the Chinese Virus when it has a scientific name used across the entire world is just petty politics in a time where such politics should be avoided.

That being said, if you traveled the world a little bit, you would know that unsanitary markets similar to those seen in Wuhan exist in many other parts of the world and surprisingly also in some fairly developped countries... We've all seen some disgusting dog breeders installations in our own "backyard" to make that point. China having over a quarter of the world's population chances are, things are going to come out of there just by sheer statistics.

For the time being, it's not very important to know where it came from. It's important to know where it's going. We need to stay safe and educate those who think and believe that this is not real.

Take care.

neutrinocv

It is a fact that the virus originated in China. But Trump 2020 calling it the Chinese Virus when it has a scientific name used across the entire world is just petty politics in a time where such politics should be avoided.

That being said, if you traveled the world a little bit, you would know that unsanitary markets similar to those seen in Wuhan exist in many other parts of the world and surprisingly also in some fairly developped countries... We've all seen some disgusting dog breeders installations in our own "backyard" to make that point. China having over a quarter of the world's population chances are, things are going to come out of there just by sheer statistics.

For the time being, it's not very important to know where it came from. It's important to know where it's going. We need to stay safe and educate those who think and believe that this is not real.

Take care.
Why is it that everytime I write T R U M P in the text box it reds Trump 2020 on the showed post..??

WTF; who's behind this website ?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Why is it that everytime I write T R U M P in the text box it reds Trump 2020 2020 on the showed post..??

WTF; who's behind this website ?

I'm testing to see if it adds another 2020. As I type, there are only two "2020s" within the quote brackets above...and there is no "2020" typed after this word: TRUMP.

JB

Reveal1

See; it added another 2020 !!!
Something else to blame on Trump. This post started with a distraught sign shop owner looking for support and as usual has devolved into a political discussion from the usual suspects. Imagine it's 1942 and we were in the foxholes trying to defeat the Nazis. You guys would be b******g about politics while everyone else is fighting the enemy.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
THW politics....we all need to be getting to work and providing for our families. Sucks when something like this devolves into Rep or Dem. Shouldn't be like that. Blame elsewhere....work together, especially at this moment in time. We're all primarily small business here trying to make the best of things.

neutrinocv

Something else to blame on Trump 2020. This post started with a distraught sign shop owner looking for support and as usual has devolved into a political discussion from the usual suspects. Imagine it's 1942 and we were in the foxholes trying to defeat the Nazis. You guys would be b******g about politics while everyone else is fighting the enemy.
I you took the time to read my other posts, you would've certainly noticed that they were not about politics and I was even trying to keep politics out of this. Hence my disdain to see that everytime I would write a certain last name, this website would tweak it to something else.

Take care, be safe.

Reveal1

I you took the time to read my other posts, you would've certainly noticed that they were not about politics and I was even trying to keep politics out of this. Hence my disdain to see that everytime I would write a certain last name, this website would tweak it to something else.

Take care, be safe.
Actually I DID take the time to read your posts. Whether intentional or not, you got sucked into the political discussion by another comment regarding the naming of the virus to make your own (and I'm quoting) 'petty' political point. You're free to do that, but my point was how these threads go off-topic so easily once someone introduces politics, and your post is a case in point.

neutrinocv

Actually I DID take the time to read your posts. Whether intentional or not, you got sucked into the political discussion by another comment regarding the naming of the virus to make your own (and I'm quoting) 'petty' political point. You're free to do that, but my point was how these threads go off-topic so easily once someone introduces politics, and your post is a case in point.
Sorry, I did not mean it that way. Just bugged that some encryption in this site will write something else in my place (adding 2020 to a certain last name). And I don't really care about anyone here being a Dem or a Rep as I am one of these guys living across your northern border. But I do care about the distraught shop owner's situation and worried about the dangerous misleading information about the virus given on this site and elsewhere.

Again; take care and be safe.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Restaurants in my town are closed with the exception of drive-thru lanes, curb-side delivery, etc. At least some businesses have a sense of humor about it. I laid out this banner design this morning.

Attachments

• JimmyJohns-StayHome.png
    JimmyJohns-StayHome.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 174

TimToad

A vaccine is not going to be available until at least the middle of next year. This notion that a vaccine is fixing to go into distribution is bull$#1+.

This outbreak is going to get considerably worse. The Spring Breakers aren't worrying about it at all. But the outbreak will get real for them if people they know, maybe even family members, start getting hospitalized and dying from it.

I don't believe there is any kind of omnipresent "mother nature" spiritual thing. But I absolutely do believe we, mankind have the power and inclination to ignorance to kill ourselves by destroying our habitat. The ocean in several parts of the world has been reduced to a life-less toilet. Rampant over-fishing is taking place everywhere else. Many of the medicines we need to treat illness and disease are created from organic sources found in places like rain forests. Well, the Amazon is getting clear cut and burned down.

When the President called this novel coronavirus the "Chinese Virus" a whole bunch of people shouted "racism!" Well, it is technically a Chinese Virus. The truth hurts. It's not 100% proven, but it is very likely this virus originated in a "wet market" in Wuhan. Those markets are absolutely disgusting. There are videos of these things online. It's not just a wide variety of live animals cooped up in cages. There's lots of dead ones too. The workers are killing and chopping up these animals right there with no sanitary practices at all. You'll see cages with live dogs inside, but with a couple dead dogs draped over the top. Blood and other fluids are all over the ground. I'm sure the stink has to be unbelievable. That environment is a perfect breeding ground for all kinds of pathogens. People are crammed into these markets. Animal to human transmission of pathogens is likely there. Wet markets like that are precisely why the US has things like the USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.

Ever see footage from a hog farm, slaughterhouse, feedlot here in the good ol' U.S.of A.?

I wouldn't put too much faith in our regulatory mechanisms to protect us from food borne illnesses and such. There are plenty of HOMEGROWN, Made In America outbreaks of e coli, listeria, salmonella, etc.. as well as mining accidents, toxic spills, lead pipes in water systems, etc... When we export tainted products elsewhere, I don't see a whole of our trading partners labelling them U.S.A. E Coli lettuce, etc....

This guy and his much of his cabal are racists, bigots and xenophobes. We can try and deny it, but the evidence is right in front of everyone's noses. It doesn't pass the sniff test and never has. He, his entire pandering dysfunctional, racist family have their roots in it, have never learned anything about it and they appeal to those with the same tendencies.

Goatshaver

All restaurants are drive-thru only in my state now. So many people in that industry have been laid-off, hopefully it's just temporary.

I'm a bit nervous, as I'm a one man shop and I just bought a new Epson and Summa to keep up with demand that I had, I haven't seen any slowing just yet in the stuff I do. I also work at a large offset print shop and it seems to be slowing a little bit, when it's usually picking up this time of year. Thankfully they haven't had to lay anyone off yet or reduce hours.

I think if a good majority of people practice good hygiene and social distancing we can start to get back to a more normal society. I'm a bit worried about the younger generations (Gen Z) and them all down at Spring Break with absolutely no concern for their health or those they come in contact with.

TimToad

Something else to blame on Trump 2020. This post started with a distraught sign shop owner looking for support and as usual has devolved into a political discussion from the usual suspects. Imagine it's 1942 and we were in the foxholes trying to defeat the Nazis. You guys would be b******g about politics while everyone else is fighting the enemy.

I'm pretty sure Drumpf isn't doing the coding or inserting a script to have that pop up on a site like this.

Your assertion that any of us aren't as committed to defending our nation as you or anyone else is out of line and an insult. You owe us all an apology.

TimToad

All restaurants are drive-thru only in my state now. So many people in that industry have been laid-off, hopefully it's just temporary.

I'm a bit nervous, as I'm a one man shop and I just bought a new Epson and Summa to keep up with demand that I had, I haven't seen any slowing just yet in the stuff I do. I also work at a large offset print shop and it seems to be slowing a little bit, when it's usually picking up this time of year. Thankfully they haven't had to lay anyone off yet or reduce hours.

I think if a good majority of people practice good hygiene and social distancing we can start to get back to a more normal society. I'm a bit worried about the younger generations (Gen Z) and them all down at Spring Break with absolutely no concern for their health or those they come in contact with.

The CDC just released statistics that reveal 40% of those being hospitalized are between the ages of 24-50. Those kids ignoring the risks are putting themselves and everyone else at HUGE risk. We seem to forget that 25 million Americans have asthma, and almost as many have CPOD, emphysema, etc... They aren't all over 60 years old.