• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DOTS ON THE SOLID COLORS

post an example of your print
hope you can notice the dots, like blurry, no matter how good the resolution is. my printer is a Ricoh L-4160 latex

Attachments

• IMG_4386.JPG
    IMG_4386.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 193

jimmmi

On hp latex this happens because of bad material. Plasticizer issue. I dont know if the same happens Ricoh. Try wiping with Isopropyl alcohol the half width of the material and print something to full width. Curious if happens the same

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
it could be your maintenance kit. If it's at 20% it might be that. It could be your optimizer print head or it could be any of your printheads. I went through this scenario summer of 2020. The maintenance kit ended up needing replacing at 20% left to go. I did replace all of the printheads as well. You can check to see if the print heads are going out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just looks like p!ss-poor files. How much did you hafta blow it up ?? The black is about the only solid color I see and it doesn't look all that bad.

Johnny Best

.jpg that is not a good file. Make some solid blocks of color, red, green, blue and black and run them to see if your printer needs maintenance on it. If the blocks of color come out good it's your print file.

• Agree
Reactions: bob