• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Downsaving

CanuckSigns

Can anyone downsave a .cdr file from version 22 to version 18 for me? Client did a layout with the free trial but it's expired and they can't open it.

I would install the trial myself but I've had issues in the past when uninstalling causes issues with my older version.

I can email the file over

TIA

WildWestDesigns

Try opening it up with Inkscape, that has been my go to for CDR files of late. No promises, but if isn't a very "sophisticated" file, it may be fine with Inkscape. Just make sure that you use the 1.0 release and I would do the portable one (it may be called binary archive), just in case it doesn't work, it's just delete the root folder and that's it. No traditional installer, so no issues with uninstalling.

Otherwise, either replicate the general idea (I don't know how up for that charge that they would be for since it sounds like they were trying to do the artwork on the cheap as it is) or tell your customer to handle it in some way on their end and then come back. Unless, you just bite the bullet and update Corel.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Can anyone downsave a .cdr file from version 22 to version 18 for me? Client did a layout with the free trial but it's expired and they can't open it.

I would install the trial myself but I've had issues in the past when uninstalling causes issues with my older version.

I can email the file over

TIA
I have version 22 and I can downconvert it for you. send file to matthewbkota@gmail.com