• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drop down Ads

Johnny Best

Does anyone else getting drop down menu coming down from the top on this website or it's just me. Is there someway to get rid of them?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i can barely navigate the site with ipad.
very few ads but tons of problems with all 3 ipads
that's why i rarely post now

WildWestDesigns

I have a dandy little pi that takes care of all that. Rarely see ads anymore on sites I go to. Nor even the banners that come up when the site is "aware" of you using ad-blocker.

I've actually had issues with this site using a tablet. Now it could have been the resolution of the screen being wonky for what responsiveness was setup for the site, but landscape view just bad. Portrait was fine, just not a fan of portrait view, not even with nvim.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Johnny - same here with DDG On my desktop at work I have DDG and hardly any ads. On my laptop the ads are darn near full page. I should download DDG I suppose...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I get them everywhere. There's a random gallery on the homepage but when you click a picture, an ad covers 3/4 of the picture up. The Tapatalk thing also is annoying. Sometimes I have to refresh the page multiple times to be able to click no on that one

garyroy

That's what happens when the owner just cares about revenue from forums and not the community.
S101 is unusable without an adblocker.

There's literally Ads in every location possible.
And some of the ADs are pure trash.
I tried to click and report/remove and they keep coming up. A definite pain.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
In a normal web browser setup on a desktop PC (without a bunch of ad block add-ons) there is always some pop-up ad that rises up at the bottom edge of the web browser window. An arrow on the upper left corner of the ad can be clicked to make it drop down out of view. But if the page is refreshed or another discussion thread is clicked a new ad will rise up into view. Kind of annoying.

I guess there must have been quite a bit of backlash about all the ads polluting the list of discussion threads. The ads made the layout of discussion threads look absolutely disorganized. Just visually stupid. It seems in the last day or two that spam has disappeared. I hope it's not a temporary thing I'm seeing. If a forum is polluted with too much advertising, and the advertising literally makes it hard to browse discussion threads, I won't be sticking around.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
In a normal web browser setup on a desktop PC (without a bunch of ad block add-ons) there is always some pop-up ad that rises up at the bottom edge of the web browser window. An arrow on the upper left corner of the ad can be clicked to make it drop down out of view. But if the page is refreshed or another discussion thread is clicked a new ad will rise up into view. Kind of annoying.

I guess there must have been quite a bit of backlash about all the ads polluting the list of discussion threads. The ads made the layout of discussion threads look absolutely disorganized. Just visually stupid. It seems in the last day or two that spam has disappeared. I hope it's not a temporary thing I'm seeing. If a forum is polluted with too much advertising, and the advertising literally makes it hard to browse discussion threads, I won't be sticking around.

This is one reason why we've started putting together our own. Still working through stuff on it.
Same platform. Same add platform. So i know first hand the owner has put ads in every location.
It seems the ones in the post sections have finally gone.
Not only that, there's no effort into restricting ad size and proper layouts so it's not as intrusive.

This forum isn't about the community anymore, it's just ad revenue.