• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drop Position Correction Confusion

Kootchy

What does the decimal numbers mean on a drop position correction?

For example lets say we have a perfect line at 3.0 from the black triangle in the middle which is 0.0, I would input that as a 3.0 for patten 1 and then move on but what does it give me the option of 3.1,2,3,4 then 4.0?

Also once I enter all my corrections, once I reprint the drop position, they looks exactly the same as before the correction?

MikePro

i believe they were .1 increments, i think its in the manual, and you just enter the correct value once... not add to existing/reprint/repeat. extreme values will cause your printer to mimic overspray.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They are just the smallest amount you can adjust the alignment. A .1 change is almost indistinguishable. Generally, if I see that number 3 and number 4 look perfect, I will set it at 3.5 to split the difference. The same goes for if two lines that are close but one is slightly off to the left and the other is slightly off to the right. I split the difference and it should be spot on.

Also, the numbers change differently depending on how you push the button. If you just keep pressing the button once, over and over again, it moves in .1 increments. If you press and hold the button, it moves by whole numbers.

And yes, the pattern will never change even after adjustment. Once you have adjusted it, run a regular print and that is the only way to see if you got it right.