• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drum Scanner.. any one uses it?

mondo

Do any of you good people uses drum scanner. I know its expensive just want to know your experience or where did you get it from? Thanks

Rodi

Yeah, Screen 1030ai from the 90's. Great detail, you need photoshop to enhance the color, but the detail is deep.

FatCat

I used to use a drum scanner years ago for prepress work. However, we got rid of it due to major improvements and lower cost for flatbed scanners. I can't see why it would be necessary for sign making unless you're doing fine art reproduction or something critical like that.

RobGF

Yes. We recently retired our Crosfield Celsis drum scanner. Wonderful piece of kit but in this age of digital photography there are very few analogue (transparencies) being shot so what's the point? I certainly can't imagine keeping a drum scanner around for the occasional print (prints suck).

Rob