• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumb question about importing fonts from DaFont.

I am trying to download/import the "adorable" font from DaFont and I can get it on my desktop and unzip it but can not export it to flexi? read the directions 100 times and still can not do it, Windows XP here. Tryed click and drag from desktop to flexi but just shows the icon on my desktop???

iSign

go to control panel open the fonts folder, then under the file menu click on "install new font" then browse to the desktop... your font should then show up next to the button "install font"

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is an often asked question.

What you need to understand is that one does not install fonts directly into a program these days (unless your program uses proprietary fonts, such as Gerber or SignLab). If it is TrueType (TTF), Type 1 (PFB/PFM) or OpenType, it installs into your OS. One installs the fonts into the operating system so that all programs can use them. In your case, Windows is your operating system.

Never, repeat never, drag and drop fonts to install them. They must be installed as given in the two answers above this post or you will have registry problems down the road.

Don't know if this will help, but my next move would be to shut everything down and restart your computer. Maybe Flexi will recognize the new font then. A good restart fixes lots of things.

THANKS GUYS!! rebooting did the trick, while it was rebooting I was telling myself you all were more crazy than me, You have to manually put the font into Flexi, I was proven wrong once again, and yes I am the crazy one I guess!!
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Actually a reboot probably was unnecessary. Just close Flexi and relaunch it. Then it can read the currently installed fonts.

It simply amazes me that EVERY ONE here is so helpful. very little rudeness, and where I have seen the rudeness it was tactful and needed. I hope it stays this way, a nice forum to come too. Keep me out of trouble you may say.
By the way Fred I have never met you in person or P.M. with you but you seem like a hell of a guy, ALWAYS posting on every thread and super helpful!!! I will be in Orlando in July anywhere near you? Wouldn't mind meeting you and shaking your hand and saying thanks in person!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Vinny's Sign Shack said:
It simply amazes me that EVERY ONE here is so helpful. very little rudeness, and where I have seen the rudeness it was tactful and needed. I hope it stays this way, a nice forum to come too. Keep me out of trouble you may say.
By the way Fred I have never met you in person or P.M. with you but you seem like a hell of a guy, ALWAYS posting on every thread and super helpful!!! I will be in Orlando in July anywhere near you? Wouldn't mind meeting you and shaking your hand and saying thanks in person!

Well Gosh ... I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm 3 hours down the road. Lake Worth is the first town to the south of West Palm Beach. Please stop by if you're nearby.

I am thinking about going to the west coast and south a 100-200 miles to scuba dive supposed to be one of the best places in the nation to dive, so I may check it out. So I may be seeing you.