• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Durst buys Vanguard!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Link won’t open for me for some reason. Are vanguard going to operate separately but under durst or are all their products just coming out branded durst? Assuming it’s a canon/océ scenario where stuff comes out branded as océ (vanguard) still?

FatCat

....As part of the agreement, the new company will operate as Vanguard Durst Digital Printing Systems with effect from October 1, 2020. David Cich remains CEO while Jim Peterson continues to serve as Vice President of Sales.

KEYSER SOZE

Seeing as Durst have a presence here in Australia, we might see these become available here.
Durst are remarkable printers but a bit pricey for most of us.
The Vanguards look to be affordable, well thought out robust machines.
Hopefully the acquisition won't bump the price too much.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Not to be a big D but I just said this is why I wouldn't buy a small name printer. They have no obligation to support the minimal amount of printers they have sold over the past few years. Hopefully it's to build on what they have but more often than not it's just to eliminate a competitor.

KEYSER SOZE

m
Not to be a big D but I just said this is why I wouldn't buy a small name printer. They have no obligation to support the minimal amount of printers they have sold over the past few years. Hopefully it's to build on what they have but more often than not it's just to eliminate a competitor.
Maybe.
I think it's more likely that Durst don't have any medium/entry level offerings.
This way they get ready made product, branded in part with the Durst name without diluting their "high end" image.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber

Vanguard is the #1 placer of printers in sub $300K. That's hardly a minimal number of machines placed out there.

White Haus

Not a Newbie

I get what you're saying but from what I've seen Durst is a very well respected player in the industry - they're not going to buy a smaller company just to abandon their loyal customer base. If anything, this is validation that Vanguard is being taken seriously and this will only move them forward.

Congrats to Dave and everyone involved in the deal, sounds like a good fit.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I get what you're saying but from what I've seen Durst is a very well respected player in the industry - they're not going to buy a smaller company just to abandon their loyal customer base. If anything, this is validation that Vanguard is being taken seriously and this will only move them forward.

Congrats to Dave and everyone involved in the deal, sounds like a good fit.
That's good then, guess I didn't realize this before I made a stupid comment. Maybe it will be even better moving forward.

johnnysigns

We run a Vanguard and we weren't nervous about the news. If anything I think it would expand their service, support and consumables working with Durst.