• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DXF file format?

showcase 66

I have a client that sent me a DXF file of his number plates for his race truck. This is the only file he has of the sizes he cut on his plasma cutter. Is their a way to convert it to an EPS or AI file.

I am kinda hurting on time on this. My own fault. I miss understood what he said thinking next tuesday evening he needed them. But no today he needs them. I had the file since yesterday. :banghead:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Open or import the file in Adobe Illustrator, FlexiSign, Gerber Omega, SignLab or CorelDRAW and then Save or Export it as EPS.

showcase 66

Cant get it into AI. Tried to place it in AI and still nothing. Says it is in a format which cannot be placed. Same as when you try and open it in illy. I broke the dongle on my Flexi so I cant get it in there right now.

S'N'S

I usually just right click on file and go to "open with" and select whatever program to open it ie corel, illus, etc but I just tried a dxf file and didn't work in IllyCS4 or CorelX3 yet opens fine in VMP, so if the others can't do it for you I might be able to.

showcase 66

John and Fred helped me out. Still not sure why I couldnt get it to work. I have done them in the past. At least I think I have.

I did think of something just after getting everything done. I could have opened it in my AutoCad and then saved it as an EPS. Would have been very rough but it would have worked.

Thanks again.