• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074Err CR2 Again!!! Vj-1204 help please

Derf

OK so last night I cleaned the T Fence and the printer worked fine for a while. But his morning I started getting the error message again.

I called GEI and they wanted $1000 per trip charge and $225 per hr + parts. I know this job will take one of their service tech two trips at least because he will need to order parts. and the parts will take a day or two to get here if Im lucky.

Now I have tried to get a price on parts from GEI all day but no one is calling me back.

I think I will need a encoder strip.. ("T fence" in Japan for Timing Fence)

The CR motor seems to be smooth and operating just fine so I don't think its the motor.

Could be the CR board or the Main board but if it is the main board i'm going to be pissed! as if i'm not already about to blow a gasket.

So my question is is how can you tell what part to fix?

Im getting an encoder strip

I will let you know how it works out.

P

ProWraps™

bill, you can always come run ur job on ours in the meantime.

MacDaddy

check the encoder wheel (disk) on the right side of the machine... You may need to actually remove it and clean with alcohol.... Also make sure the sensor is not touching the wheel on either side..... I really think it will be that simple......

Signsforwhile

Make sure your wiper is in place....get a small mirror and make sure it's in. If the moved up ever so slightly it could be hitting.....this happened here once.

Derf

OK no more Error message but WTH is this now?? Im shutting off every thing and restarting every thing.. I hope my main board ddid not take a crap!

Attachments

• IMG_5359a.jpg
    IMG_5359a.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5356a.jpg
    IMG_5356a.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 97

RG

Hello, Derf. I have a Falcon Outdoor Jr printer and I fought that EO74Err problem for months. I'll tell you something really simple to try that helped my problem. When the printheads move all the way to the right, they engage the capping station and cause the top part of it to move slightly to the right and upward. Now, with the printer turned off, access your capping station and move it to the right by hand. Look closely and if yours is like mine, you will see 3 incline points (2 on the right and 1 on the left to the rear). As the printheads move the capping station to the right, these incline points make the capping station move upward. Now, just put a little litheum grease on these 3 incline points. It worked for me. Hope it helps you.

Replicator

In your last image post it could be as simple as the print head hitting the media . . .

make sure the media is not curled and check the height of the print head !