• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074Err CR2 WT_????? Mutoh help please

ebox86

Hi, can someone tell me what the T-fence is or where it is located, maybe with a picture. we have the 1604 model and we are trying to get many banners/signs printed for an event. I can't seem to see that term anywhere in the mutoh manual or on thier website. We've had the printer for about 2 years now and it probley needs to be cleaned/inspected for broken or worn out parts

Any advise would be welcome!

They are reffering to the clear mylar strip that runs the length of the printer. It is attached to the top of the bar the heads rides on. This needs to be cleaned. Clean with a lint free cloth and iso alcohol. Do not use denatured as the strip is printed and will come off with denatured alcohol. I prefer iso 99%.

ebox86

Well we cleaned the t-fence, but we are still noticing a whining like a dog barking noise coming from the carrage motor. The belt that it is attached to seems to be fine, but the motor sounds like it is wearing out, as it makes the whining noise every morning when we try to print and then after about a foot or so of printing, it will crash, and display the cr current eror messege. But after trying to print for 5 or 6 times, and after changing profiles from bantex to orajet 3651g we are able to print.

It almost seems like it wants to warm up.

So does this sound like the carrage motor is bad, and if so, wouldn't the main board also be bad due to overvoltaging

We have Advantage and mutoh techs running around in circles and our warrenty does not run out till june

any help, would be great, thanks

Well we cleaned the t-fence, but we are still noticing a whining like a dog barking noise coming from the carrage motor. The belt that it is attached to seems to be fine, but the motor sounds like it is wearing out, as it makes the whining noise every morning when we try to print and then after about a foot or so of printing, it will crash, and display the cr current eror messege. But after trying to print for 5 or 6 times, and after changing profiles from bantex to orajet 3651g we are able to print.

It almost seems like it wants to warm up.

So does this sound like the carrage motor is bad, and if so, wouldn't the main board also be bad due to overvoltaging

We have Advantage and mutoh techs running around in circles and our warrenty does not run out till june

any help, would be great, thanks

Any help with ebox?

zapagraphics

My Mutoh Valuejet 1204 also gives me the error message E074 Err CR2 Current message.

If I do not use the printer for two to three days I can print maybe 3 to 4 banners 3 feet x 10 feet. After the 4th or 5th banner this message comes up.

I let the printer rest and maybe the printer will print up to 9 feet and stop giving me the same message.

Could this also be the CR Motor getting hot. Does any one have any Ideas about this.

Please Advise
Zapa Graphics.... El Paso, Texas

:banghead:

PMG

I was getting this error today .....i cleaned what i could and it still gave this error...i had to take the top off the printer and and really clean the hell out of it....so far so good...also the print looks 100% better....LOL go figure...man i need to stay on top of that more.......BAD MONKEY:rock-n-roll:

Rawls

Error E074 Current

I too am having issues with my VJ-1204 printer.

I have exhausted tecs and done extensive online research but nothing has worked thusfar.

After cleaning the T-fence and checking the motor and board assembly, the problem still persists. The error occurs sporadically at no consistent point in the print so it's difficult for me to pinpoint the problem.

I attached a photo for diagnostics.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 601

signsbynugen

Need help on the same issue too... We have the exact same problem on our valuejet

My printer is doing the exact same deal as yours, have you had any way to fix it? I couldn't get it to work.
I cleaned the T fence and the round clear circle under the left cover and still have the same issue. Please help.

I too am having issues with my VJ-1204 printer.

I have exhausted tecs and done extensive online research but nothing has worked thusfar.

After cleaning the T-fence and checking the motor and board assembly, the problem still persists. The error occurs sporadically at no consistent point in the print so it's difficult for me to pinpoint the problem.

I attached a photo for diagnostics.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your encoder should be shinny and clear with a slight dark tint to it. If it is looking dull, cloudy, milky, and/or not very shiny, you need to replace it. If it is perfectly clean but has scratches and or other damage, it needs to be replaced. Even a small smudge of clear grease can cause this issue. If it looks perfectly clean and shiny with no damage or scratches, you probably just need to replace the encoder sensor. Sometimes just cleaning the sensor with air duster and/or alcohol can fix the issue temporarily but you might as well replace the sensor for future use. I am 100% certain this is the issue.

McLain

30+ Years Making Signs
I know this is an old thread, but perhaps this will be helpful to any of you out there still running an old Mutoh 1604 like me. I've been wrestling with these CR2 Current errors for YEARS! I've changed motors, I've changed belts, I've changed encoder strips, I've cleaned fences, I've lubricated fences, I've replaced bearings, I've done everything imaginable EXCEPT change the actual encoder strip sensor. All the other things I mentioned would work to a degree, but I never truly completely eliminated the errors until this past month when I changed the sensor.

The machine prints better, sounds better and has not had a single error since I changed out the sensor! So, if someone out there is going crazy with these errors and nothing else seems to be working....CHANGE THE SENSOR! They're actually very cheap: about $15. I bought mine from Sign-In-China.com (https://www.sign-in-china.com/produ...j_1604_vj_1614_rj_900c_cr_encoder_sensor.html)
It was super easy to change. Took me less than 10 minutes!

Oh, by the way, with regard to all the posts about the encoder strip needing to be super shiny and squeaky clean, I call BS. While it may be true that a super shiny super clean strip is the ideal condition, it was not necessary in my case. In my last go around trying to fix the error I tried a couple encoder strips. Before I put the new sensor in, it just so happens that I had my worst, most scratched, bent and beat up encoder strip in the machine. To my great surprise, it worked great! I do have a near pristine encoder strip in a box, but I've not even bothered to put it back in the machine since the new sensor is reading the "beat up" strip just fine! It would seem, at least in my case, a properly working sensor is infinitely more important than a flawless encoder strip.

Last edited:

wayaman

Waya
hello my friends i know this is an old thread, but i have the same problem with my vj 1204, check the image, i buy a new print head whit a flat cables new and one kit of maintenance, i try print but E074 err Current Cr and the carriage stop in the middle of the printer, and later of reset the printer send a new print and i have this...

2yozu6a.jpg

See this

28bz3p3.jpg

print and after 11 pass print a band of black combined just like that,
please help me... i don't know what happening.

tried to run another print, just to see if anything changed. The print was coming off nicely for about the first 4 feet.. then as I was leaning over the exposed carriage as it was printing, I heard a high pitched hiss, and the bands started laying down immediately after that noise. I ended the run in flexi and cleaned all the overprint ink that was layed down to start another try.. this time I heard the high pitched noise after just one pass... there went the bands. Ha.

Anyone ever have this noise from their printer?

2cf9s29.jpg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.09 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.09 AM.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 458
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.02 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.02 AM.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 412
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.01 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.01 AM.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 450
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.00 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-14 at 11.25.00 AM.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 469

hotboxdp

Hello all,

I am getting a " E074Err CR2 Current " error on my Value jet VJ1204.:banghead:

I am hearing harsh grinding type noise when the print head gets by the capping station during a normal printing pass as seen in the attached pic note the shifting on the media.

I do not have a maintenance manuel for this model so I can't tell what the code means.

I want to see if I can figure this out first before waiting for GEI to get out here I have 30 some odd banners to print among other signs to make.

Thanks,
I had the same error. My wiper was stuck. I cleaned it and now it's ok.