• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E082 Err Wiper Sns

greglauter

Good morning everyone. I came in this morning and found my print last night didn't finish and Production Manager in Flexi was frozen. I restarted and shut Mutoh down. Started both up and the Mutoh went through the cleaning process, stopped mid way and this error came up (E082 Err Wiper Sns) I have been looking around for this error online and in my manual and no dice. Is there anything I can do here on my end or do have have to call service (gasp)

greglauter

Thanks Ryan...Anyone have any suggestions for Service in the Tampa area? I have used Calgraph before but can't find their info. MacDaddy, any advice? You always lead me in the right direction.

SE SignSupply

Thanks Ryan...Anyone have any suggestions for Service in the Tampa area? I have used Calgraph before but can't find their info. MacDaddy, any advice? You always lead me in the right direction.

If you have a 1604/1614 it's a very easy swap. On a 1204/1304 it's a little harder but can easly be done by anyone with any technical ability.

Compilla

Good morning everyone. I came in this morning and found my print last night didn't finish and Production Manager in Flexi was frozen. I restarted and shut Mutoh down. Started both up and the Mutoh went through the cleaning process, stopped mid way and this error came up (E082 Err Wiper Sns) I have been looking around for this error online and in my manual and no dice. Is there anything I can do here on my end or do have have to call service (gasp)

What Mutoh printer?

greglauter

Sorry about that guys. I have the Mutoh VJ 1204 48 inch. So if I order the part, do you guys think I can handle the install?

D&Tgraphics

You can try cleaning the wiper area really good first. Take the right side cover off and get in there really good. That might solve your issue. The error doesn't mean you have to replace anything. I had it happen 1 week after installing a brand new pumping station. I cleaned it out and it's all good since.
But, if you do have to order a new station then it's pretty easy to change.

greglauter

Thanks so much for all replies! D&T I did what you said and sure enough it was all "gummed" up inside. It prints now but, when it goes into clean mode half way through it sounds like gears are grinding or something. I opened back up and there is quite a bit of ink in the black gear area that sits under the rubber wiper (on the other side of the two white gears). Is all of that ink normal?

teamrolex

Thanks so much for all replies! D&T I did what you said and sure enough it was all "gummed" up inside. It prints now but, when it goes into clean mode half way through it sounds like gears are grinding or something. I opened back up and there is quite a bit of ink in the black gear area that sits under the rubber wiper (on the other side of the two white gears). Is all of that ink normal?

Hi,

Sorry guys I revived this old thread.
I, too cleaned up the wiper area recently after getting e082err.
Worked after that for a while but recently I start hearing this "grinding sound or something" during cleaning.

Please kindly tell me where these black gear area is as I don't remember seeing these black gears when I got under the capping station. what else must I open up to see and clean these ?

And if cleaning the black gears area will eliminate this "gear grinding" sound ?

Thank in advance for any suggestions.

teamrolex

I opened up again just now, still don't see the "black gears" behind there.
Anybody has any idea why the "grinding noise" during cleaning . . and then sometimes it stucks giving this 082err error ? thanks.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you are getting a loud grinding sound during the cleaning cycle it is most likely time to replace the maintenance station.
I have the 1304 - during cleaning the grinding sound could be heard along with the printer halting with error codes on the keypad.
It is easy to change the station at the user level but they are not inexpensive.
Not sure who has the best deal on one for the 1204.
One of the merchant members here will post if they carry the part.

wayne k
guam usa

heyskull

I have had this error and the grinding noise.
I have found that it is mainly caused by the wiper assembly sticking because of waste ink around the base of it.
So the remedy is clean this area thoroughly once a week (you should be doing this anyway) making sure the wiper assembly is not stuck.
Also after cleaning the around the print head seal on the maintenance/capping station I put a little cleaning fluid into the station (this keeps the pump clear).

SC

teamrolex

Thank you for your replies.

I noticed something strange.
When I go to maintenance mode and do endurance -> Pump -> x 50 times, the wiper moves in and out perfectly, no grinding, all smooth and completes the cycle well.

But right after, when I do a head clean the grinding gear sound comes back and the wiper stops half way with 082err.

Without cleaning anything, restarted the printer and do another 50 cycles-pump in maintenance mode and wiper moves in and out smoothly again.

But when I do another head clean, grinding gear sound comes back and halt with error.

Now I suspect if more parts (gears) are programmed to move the wiper during cleaning mode compared with normal start up/printing/maintenance pump test etc . .

Appreciate if anybody can chip in on this.
Meanwhile I will investigate this further.

Dzignpro

I am trying to clear nozzles with head soaks. I've been tooling around with the control panel moved aside so as not to remove the flat wires again, I've done it close to 5 times now which is the limit. I reattached the largest adapter plugcoming off the motor with a band of gray wires as it wasn't completely snapped together and it ran fine after that, no error codes.